Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

4 days til ukcat with no preparation. Do I have a chance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Think I have left preparation a little too late aha. How possible is it to get a score of say 700+ if I smash it for like 6+ hours a day the next 4 days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chirpsman)
    Think I have left preparation a little too late aha. How possible is it to get a score of say 700+ if I smash it for like 6+ hours a day the next 4 days?
    Inb4 snarky comments and hate

ReputationRep:
    You're risking your whole future here. If your score is too low then you won't be able to apply to ANY medical schools that require the UKCAT. I advise you to reschedule it till next month. You won't lose anything by doiing so.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just rearrange it if you don't feel prepared? This won't cost you anything unless you're wanting to do it in September onwards, in which case it'll cost you an extra £15 unless you have a bursary. You want to make sure that you get the best possible scores and if you're unable to do that in a few days then rearranging it for a few weeks time might make the difference between you getting interviews and not getting interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Highly unlikely, the UKCAT is not a test you can cram for as there is no content.
    Unless you can master your technique and timing for each section in a few days, i'd strongly reccomend you reschedule and allow at least 2-3 weeks preparation time before you take it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix_96)
    Why don't you just rearrange it if you don't feel prepared? This won't cost you anything unless you're wanting to do it in September onwards, in which case it'll cost you an extra £15 unless you have a bursary. You want to make sure that you get the best possible scores and if you're unable to do that in a few days then rearranging it for a few weeks time might make the difference between you getting interviews and not getting interviews.
    Thanks was never aware you could reschedule it. I guess I'll reschedule it. Would you say a week is long enough to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks was never aware you could reschedule it. I guess I'll reschedule it. Would you say a week is long enough to prepare?
    No, at least 3 weeks.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.