mahi_ahmed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So, I decided I really don't want to go through to my Insurance choice. And my results weren't effective. I got a Pass instead of a Merit for my UAL Level 3 course. And DMU wanted me to complete the course (which I did) & to include a merit. IF I don't get into my firm choice, can I call up DMU and secure a verbal offer of a foundation year course before releasing my insurance into clearing?

Any advice will help. Thanks!
username2769500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Call the insurance choice I have just done that to get them to release me into clearing if I get passed to them. But then they'll give you a clearing hotline number if you want to use clearing with them instead. You need to send an email and phone all to make it through I think I heard before that's the law but you need to ring them and speak to them as they can do it for you.
mahi_ahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anfanny)
Call the insurance choice I have just done that to get them to release me into clearing if I get passed to them. But then they'll give you a clearing hotline number I find you want to use clearing with them instead. You need to send an email and phone all to make it through I think I heard before that's the law but you need to ring them and speak to them as they can do it for you. Call the admissions office.
The only reason why I don't want to release it now, just in case they don't have any spots left for other DMU courses, I will be without any university options.
username2769500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mahi_ahmed)
The only reason why I don't want to release it now, just in case they don't have any spots left for other DMU courses, I will be without any university options.
They could be on clearing already have you checked? Just because it's in clearing doesn't mean they'll accept lower grades, have you tried looking elsewhere? I know the one I Apple don't for won't take less because they are a good university but there's been 5 people in a class in the last 5 years.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mahi_ahmed)
Have you sent your results to dmu?

Have you spoken to dmu about whether they will consider you for an alternative course?

You have left this very late which means you might struggle to get anything sorted until the A level results are out because admissions staff are swamped now.

You cannot release a university. You can request that they release you into clearing. But that's only possible if you are UF with that university on ucas track.
mahi_ahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Have you sent your results to dmu?

Have you spoken to dmu about whether they will consider you for an alternative course?

You have left this very late which means you might struggle to get anything sorted until the A level results are out because admissions staff are swamped now.

You cannot release a university. You can request that they release you into clearing. But that's only possible if you are UF with that university on ucas track.
I've just gotten my result certificate. And I called them up in July. They said that I have a strong change that I will join the Foundation course. But that was back in July.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.62%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (54)
11.49%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (100)
21.28%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.21%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.74%

Watched Threads