Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would oxbirdge ever look at ukcat as a last resort? Cambridge seem to say that they use "all information available" and ukcat constitues as information. Therefore, would they ever look at ukcat? Does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

No, they won't.

ReputationRep:
    They use bmat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    No, they won't.
    Thanks for your answer, but are you sure? i heard oxford look at ukcat for graduate medicine, so if the data is there, will they not look at it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyomynameis...)
    Thanks for your answer, but are you sure? i heard oxford look at ukcat for graduate medicine, so if the data is there, will they not look at it?
    Heard from who? Certainly not from Oxford...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Heard from who? Certainly not from Oxford...
    For graduate medicine, not undergraduate. This shows that they perhaps think it's relevant?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    For graduate medicine, not undergraduate. This shows that they perhaps think it's relevant?
    Just do BMAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Just do BMAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi it's because I did the UKCAT and didn't do amazing. Don't know if i should just not apply to Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    I just checked the req. Cambridge graduate entry does not require ANY entry examination. So the answer is no.

ReputationRep:
    What did you read lol. My link is graduate entry and includes no mention of the UKCAT at all. Take another look.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Hi it's because I did the UKCAT and didn't do amazing. Don't know if i should just not apply to Oxbridge.
    If you do BMAT it opens up other MedSchools not just Oxbridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.