jadeyfletch
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have withdrawn from my unconditional course to start September 2017 and got a student loan.The university is aware of my withdrawal and i got a letter from UCAS confirming it. Will I still need to contact SFE or will my loan be automatically canceled?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You should update on your SFE account that you are withdrawing from the course. It's quite possible they have been notified by UCAS/the university but in the interest of not having loans coming out and having to repay them due to an administrative error getting the information from A->B, it's easiest to just update the relevant parties yourself. You could do it by phone as well, although I imagine logging into your SFE account will be faster at the moment.
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jadeyfletch)
I have withdrawn from my unconditional course to start September 2017 and got a student loan.The university is aware of my withdrawal and i got a letter from UCAS confirming it. Will I still need to contact SFE or will my loan be automatically canceled?
Hi jadeyfletch,

If you are not going to take up your place at you chosen university, you can make changes to your application online, you can either change the course details to a different university and course or if you are not going to go to university at all in 2017, there is an option to cancel the application.

You can make changes to their course details through their online account up until their HEP have sent confirmation of registration/attendance.

University and Course DetailsDepending on the status of the application you can:
  • change your university or college
  • change their course details (including placement/study abroad/intake/year of study)
  • Cancel application

If you can't make the course change online,you will be directed to print and complete the paper form CO1 form.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (182)
61.9%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.08%
No- I want it (78)
26.53%
No- I don't want it (22)