anossia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm starting college in September and would it be possible for someone to tell me what these alevels choices are like? I've chosen Psychology
Sociology
Law .
I already have a GCSE in psychology. Thanks in advance
Amberscarlet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anossia)
I'm starting college in September and would it be possible for someone to tell me what these alevels choices are like? I've chosen Psychology
Sociology
Law .
I already have a GCSE in psychology. Thanks in advance
Psychology- has a lot of content and is similar to biology in many ways. Although I don't take the subject, I have friends that do- and say it's extremely hard at A level (compared to GCSE)! Many of them find this to be their hardest a level, however it is also enjoyable.

Sociology- apparently interesting- I have friends that do this subject and they all love it! Would recommend taking

Law- unless you really have your heart set on taking this, I would not recommend it. You don't need the a level to study law at uni (English lit or history would be preferred), and it has a lot of content

Hope this helps!
anossia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you! I want to go into law or child psychology at uni and due to past experiences, I want to help children so law and psychology is a must for me. Thank you so much ^^
_Hafsa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sociology can be that 'laid' back subject, the class should always consist of discussions and intriguing debates, however do not let this fool you as it did me .

I enjoyed this about Sociology, however because I felt it was an 'easy' subject I did end up letting myself down, and I have a lot to catch up on before going into A2.

My tips would be, make sure you're switched on from the first lesson, always take notes, even if there's nothing on the board, go home take out your textbook and rewrite or re-read your notes and also figure out where that topic or lesson fits in the whole syllabus and exam. Always refer back to your notes and work by revising throughout the year and it should be fine.
Most of all enjoy it.
Sorry if my advice is sort of all over the place
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
59.23%
No (52)
22.32%
Not sure (43)
18.45%

Watched Threads