The Student Room Group

IELTs as an alternative for igcse English ?

I just finished my igcses cie and I got really good marks , but failed to get a good mark in igcse English cie , I got a D , which is really bad , I want to continue with A levels and then later do an IELTs exam and use that instead of the igcse English along with my other igcses to enter university ? Is that possible ? Any kind of help or advice would be appreciated . Ps I don't want to retake , and want to solely concentrate on As and A levels
Original post by Earthlylife
I just finished my igcses cie and I got really good marks , but failed to get a good mark in igcse English cie , I got a D , which is really bad , I want to continue with A levels and then later do an IELTs exam and use that instead of the igcse English along with my other igcses to enter university ? Is that possible ? Any kind of help or advice would be appreciated . Ps I don't want to retake , and want to solely concentrate on As and A levels

Yes.

Each uni has specific requirements, but for international students then they are wiling to accept a number of different English qualifications to prove you have the necessary competence. IELTS is accepted by all unis. Be sue you have taken it and have the appropriate score in time and preferably before you apply.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply , do U think the IELT is difficult to pass ?
Original post by Earthlylife
Thanks for the reply , do U think the IELT is difficult to pass ?

Take a look at the sample tests to see for yourself.

https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/test-format#pagecontent_1_tab3
Reply 4
Do u have any tips to at least get a C on the igcse English ?

Quick Reply

Latest