Getting compelling personal reasons loan for migraines

Watch
Aily M
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all. I had really bad migraines during my exams. i Got record for my appointments and my medicines. i failed my university 1st year. i did foundation year before that in different uni which is used as gift year. is it possible i can get extra years funding based on my migraines. i dont know if its classed as serious illness or not even though i have really bad migraines and have to hibernate in dark until it get better and cant read or eat or look at computer and stays for 2 3 days continous. can someone please help. i have also requested letter from my GP to confirm my condition.
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aily M)
Hi all. I had really bad migraines during my exams. i Got record for my appointments and my medicines. i failed my university 1st year. i did foundation year before that in different uni which is used as gift year. is it possible i can get extra years funding based on my migraines. i dont know if its classed as serious illness or not even though i have really bad migraines and have to hibernate in dark until it get better and cant read or eat or look at computer and stays for 2 3 days continous. can someone please help. i have also requested letter from my GP to confirm my condition.
Hi Aily,

There are many different reasons as to why a customer may have had their study affected, illness being one of them.

You can send a letter with your name and customer reference number and detailing their Compelling Personal Reasons along with any evidence of your mitigating circumstances.

Where applicable, we recommend the evidence -

• is signed and dated;
  • confirms the reason how this affected your academic year and the reason you are having to repeat
  • when this took place, the academic year concerned

Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted and this evidence can include for example

• Medical evidence from a GP
  • Letter from HEP on headed paper

An assessor will review your evidence on a case by case basis. If accepted, an additional year of full support can be awarded.

Thanks
Aily M
Rep:
?
Has any body been granted extra funding because of migraine. i have requestee GP's letter but that can take a week. I wud apply next monday which is 21st . i presume it takes 6 weeks for funding to be approved . So that will b in last week of sep and my uni starts by then. If i have all prove are there any chances i will get funding as it wud be too late to sort something out by then.
Aily M
Rep:
?
Hi i got an update that i wont get my gps note until 23rd of august which is wednesday. I have sent my PN1 form today so they get started on my application. I havent sent my compelling personal reasons cover letter yet because i thought i will send that when i get my Gps note or confirmation of my migraines. Is that okay. My course is starting in last week of sept. Will i get my application processed and my loan by then . Thankyou
Aily M
Rep:
?
Anyone?If i have sent my application today. whats the processing time please.
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aily M)
Anyone?If i have sent my application today. whats the processing time please.
Hi Aily M,

Applications normally take 4- 6 weeks to process ,this is a general timescale, however this will depend on the current processing times and if all documentary evidence has been received with original application.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.56%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.72%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.01%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.7%

Watched Threads