Why do majority of bisexual females end up with guys? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Healthy discussion please.

Why do you think this is so?

ReputationRep:
    penis.

ReputationRep:
    Some people who are bi have a preference for men, some have a preference for women. It is more likely that you will find a potential partner in a straight male, because there are more around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    penis.
    Penis rules everything around you?

Exactly that's why you need to elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    Why play with a plastic penis when you can have the real thing? No homo, just saying it in the context of the case you described.

ReputationRep:
    Because women = drama

ReputationRep:
    Because they can't resist my manly stench

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Penis rules everything around you?

Exactly that's why you need to elaborate.
    mine definitely rules you now gimme a rep

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes its the case of preference, sometimes its simply the case of there being more straight or bi men then there are bi or gay women - more fish in the sea, and sometimes its the case of internalised homophobia.

Depends on the girl in question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Because women = drama
    this

ReputationRep:
    well i'm not overly sure but i've got an idea
    and its just an idea not set in stone or meant to appear ignorant or discriminatory to anyone but anyway
    as a straight guy i find the idea of a bi girl more appealing than a the idea of a straight girl ,cause a bi girl is a girl who can partway understand "guy stuff" and the relationship is possibly stronger because of that.

then you have a lesbian girl considering a bi girl ,I'm not certain that one being bi would be beneficial to the relationship infact given that a bi person escapes much of the marginalisation and alienation faced by some homosexuals then maybe there could be a little more friction between them.

obviously each relationship is unique as is each individual its just that if there is a trend and these are possible reasons for it existing .

ReputationRep:
    Because there are far more straight guys than there are lesbians/bisexual girls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a bi girl I've thought about this a lot and I've come to the conclusions there are many reasons this seems to happen a lot.
    1) As others have said there are more guys who like girls than girls who like girls.
    2) There's a lot of biphobia out there in the gay community. A lot of lesbians say they wouldn't date a bi girl because they don't understand how they can like guys, and some even say they find the idea of sleeping with a girl who had slept with a guy really gross. (ie let's avoid even second-hand penis involvement.) Many even believe that bi girls are betraying the gay community, and don't believe bisexuality can exist, it's just they're not brave enough to be gay. So that further reduces how many potential girls who like girls would date a bi girl.
    3) Lesbians are fetishised so a bi girl to a straight guy is not a bad thing, and potentially even a good thing. (Being bi often makes ppl assume you're open to threesomes lol). The biphobia kind of acts the other way here, they either assume you're confused or it's a phase, so either way it doesn't matter cos the "norm" is straight right?(!)
    4) Family pressure. Even in accepting families there's an underlying pressure on daughters to "give" their parents grandchildren. (More so than on sons in my experience, I guess it's the underlying bias that mothers have closer connections to their children than fathers, so being the parents of the mother gains greater exposure to the grandchildren?) Although as a "gay" couple you can adopt or get sperm donation, but this seems to not be ideal. If you are born of straight parents, they aspire for you to find happiness as they have with their children, and there are all sorts of arguments about family ideals.
    5) It's safer to be straight than gay. Just look at the BBC's recent programme, is it safe to be gay in the uk? You’d think it's pretty safe, but homophobia is still rife. As a bisexual being gay or straight almost seems like a choice, and the safer one, the one that upsets fewer people, is to just act on the "straight" crushes. My best friend has had some close calls when she's been out with her girlfriend, situations that could have escalated. As a girl you worry enough about being vulnerable out and about late, but then also having a girlfriend makes you more of a target. A boyfriend however feels like protection.
    6) Not everyone is built to be a pioneer for social justice, some of us just don't have the energy to go against societal norms in a big way. For me this manifests so that I'm happy to march, sign petitions and talk, but I try my best to please my family and avoid conflict in my everyday life. For example, I would love to have kids, adopted or by my own blood, but I wouldn't want to give them any more reason to be picked on than the next kid. I was subject to awful bullying when I was younger (for non-gay reasons, but I was still a kid that stuck out enough), and it really affected me. I would feel awful if my kids were bullied because I chose to love a woman. So when you like men and women, it seems like the safer choice to overlook how you feel about women. It's just easier. But equally if I met a woman that I really thought was the one, I wouldn't say no because she was a woman, it's more that I wouldn't actively seek a woman. (On the Kinsey scale I fall exactly in the middle, I haven't got a particular male/female bias) And this is just looking at matters from a binary perspective! 😂 These are just my thoughts from my experience of things being a bi girl, my best friend is a bi girl (in a relationship with a bi girl), and I've been actively engaged in bi culture for about 3 years now (since I admitted to myself that I was bi and it was ok to be bi).
    Hope I haven't said anything out of place and I've not made many mistakes, it's 2 am but I saw this and wanted to contribute 👌👍 xx

ReputationRep:
    It's far easier to come across an openly straight man than another openly bi (or lesbian) woman.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lesbian and it is extremely hard to meet other gay girls by chance, I tend to meet people on dating apps or designated gay spaces. When I'm out clubbing with my friends I never go out expecting to get off with anyone, just to hang out with my friends and be a wingwoman lol (and also to run away from men grinding on me haha).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    So that's why you're in to guys. Makes sense now!
    (Original post by eden3)
    Lol. Ever heard of a joke?
    Sorry to disappoint you bud, but I'm strictly into the ladies. I know you're upset because of your man crush on me - explains why you're so obsessed with replying to all of my posts. :lol:

Reality Check would you please tell the user above to quit harassing me? He's been repeatedly throwing out insults at me for... literally no reason. :rolleyes:

to both of you - Implying someone is gay shouldn't be an insult lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    They don't, you just assume if they're with a woman they're a lesbian and not possibly bi.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Moved to relationships

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by eden3)
    Because women = drama
    Actually this. I've heard from so many gay/bi women that women are seriously worse to be with than men that it's made me wonder why any women would go with another woman anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    Because there are far more straight guys than there are lesbians/bisexual girls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This. It's harder to meet bisexual girls or lesbians.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.