The Student Room Group

extended essay! help!!!

i need some extended essay topic ideas, because i have to turn it in on monday!

i've been doing my reading logs about politics, but i don't really find my subject as interesting anymore.

so, i was thinking of changing it to "trilingualism" but i dont know what to say about it :frown: im trilingual myself, but i cant thinking of anything.

the bad news are this log is our last chance to change the topic, even though im only in IB1

help please!!!!
what subject are you planning on doing it in for a start. and relax you'l def be allowed to change, in my experience schools say things like this to intimidate pupils into action unecessarily early.
Reply 2
well, it was about mexican's government corruption during certain period of time, but i dont really know what to do anymore

and my teacher said that you have to pay some fee if u change it again
lmao thats ur teacher trying to intimidate you, if you have another year till exams there's no way they'l charge u, unless the school personally does so. you have to pick a subject first like history geography english w.e then choose a question what is ur suject,
Reply 4
If you can, find something in which you really have got an interest. If you can't find anything in politics, look in a different subject. You'll hate your EE if you don't do it on a topic you find interesting.

Also, as andy_cole said, there is no real reason why you would not be allowed to change your topic this early; it is a rule from your school, not the IB. If anyone is charging you money it is your school. Try reasoning with them.
politics itself isn't even offered for EE subject i don't think, its a school based syllabus and as such unless your school offers it specifically i don't think your allowed to EE in it...vade mecum anyone :tongue:;
Reply 6
Politics is on the list of accepted subject areas for the EE & an EE topic doesn't necessarily have to be a subject the student is currently studying. Though, some schools advise it so, since it's easier to find a supervisor and help.

Latest

Trending

Trending