are chronic migraines considered disability

Watch
Aily M
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all. I have been suffering with migraines for nearly 8 years. They are really bad atm and i failed my last years because of that. I am applying for compelling personal reasons funding next week for extra years funding as i had foundation year funding before my last year which was year 1. so i will be repeating year 1. I was wondering if i should tell my uni about migraines and is it classed as disability in uni and will i get any support for it. i hear people talking about DSA. should i apply for it. Will i get any funding with it.
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aily M)
Hi all. I have been suffering with migraines for nearly 8 years. They are really bad atm and i failed my last years because of that. I am applying for compelling personal reasons funding next week for extra years funding as i had foundation year funding before my last year which was year 1. so i will be repeating year 1. I was wondering if i should tell my uni about migraines and is it classed as disability in uni and will i get any support for it. i hear people talking about DSA. should i apply for it. Will i get any funding with it.
It's definitely worth telling your uni about it so that they can support you with it and understand your needs better. It's worth applying for DSA as well to see if there's suitable support they can help you with. For this you'd need medical evidence such as a letter from your GP. DSA would fund things like equipment and non medical helpers. They help you pay the extra costs you may have as a student because of your disability. You wouldn't see any money from this though and would just receive equipment and suggested support
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads