GCSE grades for LSE n Oxford Watch

This discussion is closed.
WeirdHero
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey guys,
I have heards loads of rumours about this, so I just want to check if it is actually true. People say there is no point applying to LSE and Oxford if you get 2 x A*, 7 x A and 2 x B. Would I have a realistic chance of getting in to LSE (Gov n Eco) or Oxford (PPE) with those grades?
Thanks.
urbane
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by WeirdHero)
Hey guys,
I have heards loads of rumours about this, so I just want to check if it is actually true. People say there is no point applying to LSE and Oxford if you get 2 x A*, 7 x A and 2 x B. Would I have a realistic chance of getting in to LSE (Gov n Eco) or Oxford (PPE) with those grades?
Thanks.
yes those are perfectly acceptable grades for those uni's. they wouldnt mind the 2 B's and would concentrate on your other impressive grades. they would only matter if those B's were in maths/eng/science but even then they would only minutely matter.
also uni's are more bothered about your AS grades (both predicted and final as well as the obvious final A2 grade)

so basically dont worry and apply
Cellardore
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey guys,
Thanks.
I thought that if you applied to oxford they would have expected 5A's including English, Science and maths and above at GCSE plus a language and AAA-AAB at A-level, not toally sure tho.
WeirdHero
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey,
Well the Bs were in French which I had only studied for 2 years and Sports Science. I study IB and am predicted about 39-41 points. So I don't really have AS grades to flaunt
Neo.b
Report 14 years ago
Hey,
Well the Bs were in French which I had only studied for 2 years and Sports Science. I study IB and am predicted about 39-41 points. So I don't really have AS grades to flaunt
Well im pretty sure that All Unis including Oxford dont differentiate between as levels and IB's although im not sure of the IB points system so im not sure if those are what oxford or lse require, ill let someone else help you with that
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads