Itsonlylaura
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've applied for a student loan for the upcoming year but have been unable to get a bank account. However, I'm worried that if I wait until results day to get a student account my money won't go in the account for when I start uni. Will it make that much difference if I wait until results day?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Itsonlylaura)
I've applied for a student loan for the upcoming year but have been unable to get a bank account. However, I'm worried that if I wait until results day to get a student account my money won't go in the account for when I start uni. Will it make that much difference if I wait until results day?
Do you have any bank account already, just not a student bank account? If so, make sure that you give those bank details to student finance so that if the bank details don't update in time, you'll still get the money. If you don't have your own bank account, then you could consider using the bank details of someone you trust, like your mum.

But every year some students do wait until results day to open an account with no problems. You just need to make sure that you check the requirements for opening the student account - they will need ID, so you can speed up the process by taking the correct ID first time.
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Itsonlylaura)

Hi Itsonlylaura,

Once your application is approved, if you have not provided bank details, your payments may show online as blocked. We cannot make payments to you until then.
Once you update the bank details, the block will be removed.
Then when the payment is submitted, it takes 3-5 working days for a bank transfer.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University