The Student Room Group

Ex-friend converted to Islam and now fights with ISIS in Syria.

This is a guy I've known for 5-6 years, who always had trouble with drinking and getting into fights on nights out.

Everyone is shocked about what he's done.

Maybe Islam could've helped him stop drinking and fighting, but Islam has obviously led him down a very dark path.

I've heard he may have taken his son to Syria with him too.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if I have a fatwa on my head now...
Original post by Dodgypirate
This is a guy I've known for 5-6 years, who always had trouble with drinking and getting into fights on nights out.

Maybe Islam could've helped him stop drinking and fighting, but Islam has obviously led him down a very dark path.

Have you reported this to PREVENT

Sad story, he obviously got into contact with the wrong people.

@Reality Check is right, this should be reported immediately.
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Have you reported this to PREVENT

He's french and this has happened in France. I don't know if France have a 'Prevent' here.

Don't you think it's a bit too late to prevent?
He's french and this has happened in France. I don't know if France have a 'Prevent' here.

France has vigipirate.

It's never too late.
Reply 6
Original post by JMR2017
Sad story, he obviously got into contact with the wrong people.

Yeah, it is sad, but I know him, well at least I thought I did, and he's the kind of person to get mixed up with bad people. But to go fight for ISIS is inexcusable.

Original post by JMR2017
@Reality Check is right, this should be reported immediately.

Just report him to the police and let them deal with it. How do you know he's gone to Syria to fight?
Reply 8
Original post by Command&Conquer
Just report him to the police and let them deal with it. How do you know he's gone to Syria to fight?

My best friend heard it from his mum. She told him that one night she heard him leave the house and she couldn't get in touch with him.

I don't know too much about what happened, though, because I only found out about it a couple days ago.
My best friend heard it from his mum. She told him that one night she heard him leave the house and she couldn't get in touch with him.

I don't know too much about what happened, though, because I only found out about it a couple days ago.

So she heard he left the house and she can't find him .
How does this conclusively show he joined ISIS ?
Original post by bobby147
So she heard he left the house and she can't find him .
How does this conclusively show he joined ISIS ?

I guess we can't be 100% certain that he has.

He definitely converted to Islam, though, and although that doesn't mean he has left for Syria, it's easy to put two and two together.

Apparently he was acting very odd and secretive in the weeks before he left...

He's deleted everyone off FaceBook.

I don't know, it does seem fishy to me.

I'm afraid that your friend is a traitor to his country. In my opinion these people (any women that go aid them) should be tried for treason and executed.

Does your friend have any siblings or Muslim friends? I would strongly urge you to report these people to the police as potential terrorists, there's no telling how far this poison has spread and at a minimum his parents raised him to be inferior if he has fallen to that religion.

>he's converted to Islam
>cuts off contact
>"puts two and two together"
>he's left to fight with ISIS in Syria
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
>he's converted to Islam
>"puts two and two together"
>he's left to fight with ISIS in Syria

He converted to Islam.
He's been especially secretive, left his mum's one night and hasn't been in touch since, which is odd.
He's deleted absolutely everyone on Facebook, which is odd.

I swear these are some of the things to look out for when dealing with radicalisation?
Reply 14
A fatwa? You’re gonna go down because of a fatwa. I’d never go down because of a fatwa.
lol hope you said goodbye to him properly before he left...

Quick Reply

Latest