The Student Room Group

I've been put in clearing

It's days before results day and I got an update on ucas saying my firm choice has said I have not met the conditions. I didn't choose an insurance so I was immediately placed in clearing. I can't contact my uni until Monday so I was wondering why or if this happened to anyone else ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did you study a levels?
Reply 2
Unis tend to get your results days before you do. It just means you haven't met their grades to your firm choice. Once you get the results I suggest you start phoning universities to see if they have a place.
Reply 3
Original post by mikasaa
Did you study a levels?

Yes I did
Original post by MissSantos
It's days before results day and I got an update on ucas saying my firm choice has said I have not met the conditions. I didn't choose an insurance so I was immediately placed in clearing. I can't contact my uni until Monday so I was wondering why or if this happened to anyone else ?

The UCAS embargo is in place until Thursday - No idea how you had an e-mail like that

What did the e-mail say EXACTLY and is it definitely from UCAS?

Original post by storm95
Unis tend to get your results days before you do. It just means you haven't met their grades to your firm choice. Once you get the results I suggest you start phoning universities to see if they have a place.

Yes but the universities are NOT ALLOWED to indicate the status of an application until the embargo is lifted on Thursday. There is no way the OP would have gotten an e-mail like that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by storm95

Oh thank you, I've got my clearing number, do you think I can start contacting unis now?
Reply 6
Sorry that you didn't meet your offer. In a way, you're at an advantage, because most students won't know if they're in Clearing until Thursday, and that's when lines will be jammed up and courses will be going quickly.
Use this weekend to search for similar courses with lower requirements, and make a list of their contact numbers. When you get your results, be ready to call up unis first thing at 9am.
Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by Blue_Cow
The UCAS embargo is in place until Thursday - No idea how you had an e-mail like that

It was even an email, i logged in to track my application and the update was there, I didn't even get an email, which was very odd
Reply 8
Oh thank you, I've got my clearing number, do you think I can start contacting unis now?

No, because you haven't got your results.

This is a mistake - you need to contact UCAS immediately. You should not have been put into Clearing before results day. Either the uni have messed up, or UCAS have. But ether way, you need to flag this up because it is a huge problem (for them, not you).
Reply 9

You can try but they will ask for what grades you got so I'd wait till you get your results.
It was even an email, i logged in to track my application and the update was there, I didn't even get an email, which was very odd

That's weird. It shouldn't have happened.

Going to tag @PQ and @Doonesbury
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes I did

That's really early. I didn't know that was possible. I suggest you look in the clearing website for the course you want and look at Universities. You might not have your grades right now but you're going to have to guess what you might have got. Maybe one grade or two lower than what you were predicted. Write their phone number so you're ready to call for the vacancies once you've recieved your results. http://search.ucas.com Good luck!

You cannot contact unis until you have your results.

If this is an authentic email, you need to contact UCAS on Monday morning via 0371 468 0 468.

Which university was your firm btw?
Reply 13
Original post by Juno
No, because you haven't got your results.

This is a mistake - you need to contact UCAS immediately. You should not have been put into Clearing before results day. Either the uni have messed up, or UCAS have. But ether way, you need to flag this up because it is a huge problem (for them, not you).

Thanks a lot, I'll contact ucas immediately
Reply 14
Which university?
Thanks a lot, I'll contact ucas immediately

Was your firm university Middlesex? (judging by previous posts)
Please listen to what the others are saying, this is highly irregular bordering on totally incorrect. Please flag this up to UCAS asap and good luck ! 💕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do your research now, just in case. This might be a technical glitch. Nothing should be coming from uCAS into your inbox while Track is shut down while unis process the results.

This isn't ideal, I really feel for you. Fingers crossed it's incorrect and you'll be ok. But, it's definately worth researching courses now if you want to go to uni in September.

The full list should actually be available on UCAS on Wednesday.

Yes but the universities are NOT ALLOWED to indicate the status of an application until the embargo is lifted on Thursday. There is no way the OP would have gotten an e-mail like that.

Probably a glitch in the matrix. I remember mine was updated a day before I got my results.

I know two people who have received confirmed places a couple days ago- and people in the past from my school found out before results day also. Can still happen!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending