The Student Room Group

Run away relationship

My boyfriend and I aren't that close some days. He avoids talking to me incase an argument happens. I love him dearly. I see a future also.

However, I've made him distance himself from me. I've come to realisation that ,that's what's made me feel insecure and upset. It may be because I moan or nag at him. We currently aren't talking as we had an argument.

I know I know how to stop these arguments but I need to catch him alone and comfortable and make him open up. He always use to now I feel like he's a closed book.

Scroll to see replies

Are you able to call or text him?
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Are you able to call or text him?

Yes. However the last message I sent him he ignored as before that he said he didn't want to speak to me because I was annoying and did something. He ignored my last few messages I sent him, it's just making me think he don't care about the relationship because he hasn't spoke. Been about 18hours
Original post by Jennifer303
Yes. However the last message I sent him he ignored as before that he said he didn't want to speak to me because I was annoying and did something. He ignored my last few messages I sent him, it's just making me think he don't care about the relationship because he hasn't spoke. Been about 18hours

It's hard when you give your all and he doesn't... maybe he will realise his errors and ask to reconcile, so don't give up hope for that. Also, don't insist you did nothing wrong otherwise you'd justify his decision to go cold on you.
If he's avoiding you in an attempt to prevent an argument, I think that says a lot about your communication skills. Are you quick to anger?
Reply 5
It's hard when you give your all and he doesn't... maybe he will realise his errors and ask to reconcile, so don't give up hope for that. Also, don't insist you did nothing wrong otherwise you'd justify his decision to go cold on you.

I know. It's not right to go cold on someone you should be man enough to address the situation and resolve it quickly. I really give my all and I feel as though he doesn't. Hopefully he realises. I think I should just not message him wait for him to.
Reply 6
Original post by Durhamgirl96
If he's avoiding you in an attempt to prevent an argument, I think that says a lot about your communication skills. Are you quick to anger?

Yes I am sometimes quick to anger. Our communicate skills have become so poor I need help in improving it. Especially on his side he use to be so open to me and show his emotions but now he don't.
Yes I am sometimes quick to anger. Our communicate skills have become so poor I need help in improving it. Especially on his side he use to be so open to me and show his emotions but now he don't.

It would help if you remember the last thing you said that made him angry? And how differently you'd act if you had another chance?
It's your fault he's pushing you away. He's getting sick of you. Change your actions.
Reply 9
It would help if you remember the last thing you said that made him angry? And how differently you'd act if you had another chance?

Ok so couple weeks ago my friend who likes him came to me and said her friend was in his bed and they fell asleep together. With no proof she said she had pics but then didn't send me after asking. He told me before it was for business why he brought her to his houSe I 100% believe it. The girl said they didn't do nothing but he just fell asleep and put his arm around her. He said they spoke about business which he does and sometimes I'm there. My friend who likes him came to me with this everyone including my bf mum said she's trying to get u guys to break up. Ok at first I didn't believe it now I do.

Yesterday he was downstairs my house and he was on the phone to his god daughter mother he didn't have credit so he told her to call me to come down. She did. I asked him who it was calling me who the girl was he joked and said don't worry don't worry then after he said it was his goddaughter mother I said call her let me know he did and she said it was her. It's because he joked an said it don't worry it's a friend I got abit paranoid. He then drove away after I got out and I called him couple hours after and he spoke for about 20seconds then said he will call me back. He then did but I missed it and he said to me don't think you can come talk to me now your not with your friends ( he felt neglected because I never talk to him when I'm with my friends ) he then said i don't want to talk to you I'm still angry about what happened in the car and how I don't trust him. I messaged him saying what the hell you just spoke to me then I said we aren't even close anymore you never want to see me we hardly say I love you bla bla and he ignored.
Original post by Anonymous
It's your fault he's pushing you away. He's getting sick of you. Change your actions.

How do I do this. Without him taking advantage of me being nice. I want attention of him how I use to get. He doesn't hardly give me any.
Ok so couple weeks ago my friend who likes him came to me and said her friend was in his bed and they fell asleep together. With no proof she said she had pics but then didn't send me after asking. He told me before it was for business why he brought her to his houSe I 100% believe it. The girl said they didn't do nothing but he just fell asleep and put his arm around her. He said they spoke about business which he does and sometimes I'm there. My friend who likes him came to me with this everyone including my bf mum said she's trying to get u guys to break up. Ok at first I didn't believe it now I do.

Yesterday he was downstairs my house and he was on the phone to his god daughter mother he didn't have credit so he told her to call me to come down. She did. I asked him who it was calling me who the girl was he joked and said don't worry don't worry then after he said it was his goddaughter mother I said call her let me know he did and she said it was her. It's because he joked an said it don't worry it's a friend I got abit paranoid. He then drove away after I got out and I called him couple hours after and he spoke for about 20seconds then said he will call me back. He then did but I missed it and he said to me don't think you can come talk to me now your not with your friends ( he felt neglected because I never talk to him when I'm with my friends ) he then said i don't want to talk to you I'm still angry about what happened in the car and how I don't trust him. I messaged him saying what the hell you just spoke to me then I said we aren't even close anymore you never want to see me we hardly say I love you bla bla and he ignored.

Oh no, the dreaded "love triangle"! You need to get away from it immediately. If your boyfriend has another sexual interest, he's having an affair, pure and simple. You can't trust anyone who goes back on their word.
Oh no, the dreaded "love triangle"! You need to get away from it immediately. If your boyfriend has another sexual interest, he's having an affair, pure and simple. You can't trust anyone who goes back on their word.

No he isn't ! Lol he isn't having an affair or anything. I'm telling you this is what he's angry about he thinks I don't trust him because I made him call a girl we know. He's angry and don't want to talk to me because he said I don't trust him.

He don't have sexual interest the business was business marketing that he does with clients.
No he isn't ! Lol he isn't having an affair or anything. I'm telling you this is what he's angry about he thinks I don't trust him because I made him call a girl we know. He's angry and don't want to talk to me because he said I don't trust him.

OK maybe he has a bit of paranoia too. If you can make it clear to him when he does decide to contact you, maybe things will brighten up?
OK maybe he has a bit of paranoia too. If you can make it clear to him when he does decide to contact you, maybe things will brighten up?

Yeah but he's being so childish by not talking to me over something so small. I always tell him small things don't need to become big things Cus it will destroy us. I don't know i really miss him it's been 18hours. I just have to wait for him to want to talk.
Yeah but he's being so childish by not talking to me over something so small. I always tell him small things don't need to become big things Cus it will destroy us. I don't know i really miss him it's been 18hours. I just have to wait for him to want to talk.

OK for some people, brushing issues under the carpet seems to be the best way to "get over" them, like, if he makes contact with you again he expects you to not bring it up. You may not agree with this approach but it could save you a lot of emotional baggage (and down the line may be easier to solve).
OK for some people, brushing issues under the carpet seems to be the best way to "get over" them, like, if he makes contact with you again he expects you to not bring it up. You may not agree with this approach but it could save you a lot of emotional baggage (and down the line may be easier to solve).

So what should I say when he contacts me
So what should I say when he contacts me

Basically, don't bring up "that" event unless he does. Just respond to him like you normally would at other times :smile:
Basically, don't bring up "that" event unless he does. Just respond to him like you normally would at other times :smile:

Ok but there's more problems than that. He doesn't give me the same attention anymore. And he avoids talking to me as much he said before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending