The Student Room Group

Books reccomended for aqa bio and chem

Hi,
For those who have done the new spec, aqa bio and chem this year, what are the best textbooks that I can buy that contain ALL the content I need for my exams
It would be a great help, if you kindly listed your reccomnedations!
(Btw I'm going into A2)
Original post by talcsul
Hi,
For those who have done the new spec, aqa bio and chem this year, what are the best textbooks that I can buy that contain ALL the content I need for my exams
It would be a great help, if you kindly listed your reccomnedations!
(Btw I'm going into A2)

CGP Revision Guide will do you just fine.

You might want the official textbooks too for some more in-depth explanations.
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
CGP Revision Guide will do you just fine.

You might want the official textbooks too for some more in-depth explanations.

Does CGP have the new spec included. If I buy the CGP, will it include most of the conent required for the exam?
Original post by talcsul
Does CGP have the new spec included. If I buy the CGP, will it include most of the conent required for the exam?

Yes. I sat AS Biology last year and A2 this year (new spec).
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Cow
Yes. I sat AS Biology last year and A2 this year (new spec).

Last question, any other reccomendations, such as websites?
Thanks for your help!
Original post by talcsul
Last question, any other reccomendations, such as websites?
Thanks for your help!

Try VBiology for past paper questions sorted by topic. They're from old spec papers but still relevant and useful.
Try McGraw Hill for animated biological processes. It's aimed at Americans sitting AP/SAT but the science is still correct and will provide some out of spec knowledge.

@Reality Check is right, especially for the 25 mark essay in Paper 3 which requires some out of spec knowledge to gain the full 25 marks. Keeping an eye on the BBC News Science/Health section now and again might prove valuable when you sit your exams.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi, you might already be familiar with these but for chemistry I would recommend 'ChemRevise' as a website for revision.
As extra resources I would recommend 'Allery Chemistry' and for enjoyment 'Periodic Videos'.
And for practice questions 'Physics and maths tutor' seems to have a good selection!

Quick Reply

Latest