Tarekkhayat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
AS business or AS ict? Which is easier with less chapters and less studying required for grades A or B?Thanks
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tarekkhayat)
AS business or AS ict? Which is easier with less chapters and less studying required for grades A or B?Thanks
ICT A Level is being scrapped. Here's a source. You might want to do a bit more research - the alternatives, Applied ICT and Computing, are both different.

Just a side-note: you should choose an A Level based on your interests, rather than how "easy" it is.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tarekkhayat)
(Original post by Amefish)
ICT A Level is being scrapped. Here's a source. You might want to do a bit more research - the alternatives, Applied ICT and Computing, are both different.

Just a side-note: you should choose an A Level based on your interests, rather than how "easy" it is.
Amefish is right - You most definitely do not want to pick an A-Level because you perceive it to be "easy".

When it comes to A-Level Computer Science/Computing, you will hate yourself for picking it if you aren't passionate because you need to spend hours and hours programming for your coursework AND writing up your documentation, all for just a measly 20% of your final grade.
username3482522
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Amefish is right - You most definitely do not want to pick an A-Level because you perceive it to be "easy".

When it comes to A-Level Computer Science/Computing, you will hate yourself for picking it if you aren't passionate because you need to spend hours and hours programming for your coursework AND writing up your documentation, all for just a measly 20% of your final grade.
Is the coursework aspect for A-Level Computer Science even worse than the ones in GCSE Computing? I'm talking about the documentation mainly.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by num.7)
Is the coursework aspect for A-Level Computer Science even worse than the ones in GCSE Computing? I'm talking about the documentation mainly.
The documentation is slightly more in depth as in you need to include modeling diagrams (just one example of an extra bit you need to add compared to GCSE) as your project will probably be in OOP to achieve the best marks. I'd say it's slightly worse, but not A LOT worse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (61)
29.05%
No (149)
70.95%

Watched Threads