Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if putting Natural Science at Cambridge as my first choice and Medicine at other unis for the rest would be a good idea or not.
    Or maybe Medicine as first choice and natural science below however, I don't want to do the medicine course at cambridge
    I would have to adapt my personal statement a bit maybe

ReputationRep:
    Not a good idea in my opinion. The academics at Cambridge wouldn't be impressed by a medicine personal statement and the medicine admissions tutors wouldn't be impressed by a personal statement that isn't fully focused on medicine.

There's no order of UCAS choices. You can apply to five courses, including four medicine ones, and only after getting your offers you can pick your firm and insurance choices.

A lot of people apply to e.g. biomed as their fifth choice in case they don't get into medicine. Generally speaking unis offering biomed are fine with medicine personal statements and some even accept alternative personal statements if you send it to them after applying. Cambridge isn't one of these unfortunately.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R8123)
    I was wondering if putting Natural Science at Cambridge as my first choice and Medicine at other unis for the rest would be a good idea or not.
    Or maybe Medicine as first choice and natural science below however, I don't want to do the medicine course at cambridge

Which one do you actually want to do: Medicine or NatSci?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R8123)
    So many red flags here.

They are two just completely different options. One is a science degree, the other is a career spanning the rest of your life. I find it very difficult to believe that you cannot decide between the two to the extent that you are just going to apply to both. Its like not being able to decide between medieval literature and mechanical engineering so just applying to two unis for each, except your version is if anything more extreme!

If you really can't decide then you need to take steps to resolve that problem. Just blundering into a career spanning a lifetime that you might not actually want to do will do no favours to either your sanity nor your chances of getting in.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.