The Student Room Group

Uxbridge College GCSEs

Anyone know anything about Uxbridge College, Am most likely going to go there and any info would be appreciated, thanks!
It's near my house but I know nothing about it
What would u like to know
One of my good friends went there and really enjoyed it. What would you like to know?
Reply 4
Original post by jimbojohn
What would u like to know

What the teachers are like, students, facilities, atmosphere etc. Just anything really! Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
One of my good friends went there and really enjoyed it. What would you like to know?

What the teachers are like, students, facilities, atmosphere etc. Just anything really! Thanks :-)
Original post by Aalexxx2505
What the teachers are like, students, facilities, atmosphere etc. Just anything really! Thanks :-)

My friend had a really good time (she studied media). She got on well with her teachers and kept in touch with them after she left, and even did some work experience with them afterwards. It seemed a lot more chilled out than sixth form, for example teachers were referred to on a first name basis.

The students are a lot more... varied, I guess you could say. For example there were a couple of people in my friend's classes that were in their 20s, not everyone was fresh out of high school. The fact that people come from such a wide variety of schools beforehand though means that there aren't any cliques or whatever to begin with. My friend had no problem forming new friendships with the people she met there; she lives with some of them at uni now.
teachers are excellent. they're your friends. facilites. although there are facilities around they are pretty much not used by student apart from the canteen. atmosphere is quite good and you got the town centre if you get a decent lunch. you may get days off which are brilliant and even better early finishes or late starts.
definitely a lot more chilled than sixth form i can tell you that
Reply 9
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
My friend had a really good time (she studied media). She got on well with her teachers and kept in touch with them after she left, and even did some work experience with them afterwards. It seemed a lot more chilled out than sixth form, for example teachers were referred to on a first name basis.

The students are a lot more... varied, I guess you could say. For example there were a couple of people in my friend's classes that were in their 20s, not everyone was fresh out of high school. The fact that people come from such a wide variety of schools beforehand though means that there aren't any cliques or whatever to begin with. My friend had no problem forming new friendships with the people she met there; she lives with some of them at uni now.

Thank you 😊 this makes me less nervous about going!
Original post by jimbojohn
teachers are excellent. they're your friends. facilites. although there are facilities around they are pretty much not used by student apart from the canteen. atmosphere is quite good and you got the town centre if you get a decent lunch. you may get days off which are brilliant and even better early finishes or late starts.

Thanks for the info! Definitely helps! 😁
What are you going to study?? I got in for alevels and am freaking out since because ive just moved into town and dont have anyone that i know
Uxbridge College is the most pathetic college in London. They accept anyone. Anyone, regardless of academic ability. I know someone who's an asylum seeker and barely speaks English, but is doing A Level English Language. I know he can't speak/write/understand a single paragraph of anything. Uxbridge College was my backup plan if I somehow got U's in GCSE. A lot of people are doing BTEC courses as well.
Original post by HabibSyed
Uxbridge College is the most pathetic college in London. They accept anyone. Anyone, regardless of academic ability. I know someone who's an asylum seeker and barely speaks English, but is doing A Level English Language. I know he can't speak/write/understand a single paragraph of anything. Uxbridge College was my backup plan if I somehow got U's in GCSE. A lot of people are doing BTEC courses as well.

Yeah well may be that person really wants to learn and it's funny how youre calling the college pathetic given it WAS on your list anyways?
Original post by cheesejerkey
Yeah well may be that person really wants to learn and it's funny how youre calling the college pathetic given it WAS on your list anyways?

Did you just say LEARN, at A Level English Language? What? I wanna LEARN engineering, I'll just join the PhD course at Cambridge. LOL! It was never on my "list" it was a college I would go to if in some imaginable dimension in the expanding universe I got a straight string of U's at GCSE. Everyone in West London had the same idea.
The place is a college, sir. Dont you think they "might" have an idea of what they are doing and who they are letting in? I mean, come on, i know they make kids sit an admission test? And then there are teachers to help and always the option of dropping the subject.
I understand what you are trying to say but that thing about the person being bad at english was just very unfair

Quick Reply

Latest