The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Accommodation + Foundation year?

Thinking about doing a foundation year before I move onto my degree (not sure if it's different for different uni's) I've been told that you are only eligible to stay in Uni accommodation during your first year at uni? If so, would the foundation year count as first year (and so in the first year of my actual degree, will I have to find outside housing? Or would I technically be able to stay at uni accommodation for two years?
Original post by Anygy
Thinking about doing a foundation year before I move onto my degree (not sure if it's different for different uni's) I've been told that you are only eligible to stay in Uni accommodation during your first year at uni? If so, would the foundation year count as first year (and so in the first year of my actual degree, will I have to find outside housing? Or would I technically be able to stay at uni accommodation for two years?

My interpretation is that the guarantee only counts in your first year if you meet the criteria. You could apply after your foundation year, but you are not guaranteed a place.

Ring them on Monday and check,

Not guaranteed accommodation

Students starting an Undergraduate course who have lived in UEA accommodation during a previous wholly or partially completed Undergraduate course (not including pre-sessional English courses)

https://portal.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/guarantee
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Anygy

The guarentee applies to the foundation year- it's counted as the first year in this case and then after that you are no longer guarenteed a room in halls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending