Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting guys to approach you? Watch

Announcements

I sometimes make deep eye contact with guys in the street (im 17 f) they smile at me but then i just never see them again.

Whenever this happens to my friends and sisters they always get guys approaching them and asking for their number.

I wouldnt say im ugly -I get quite a few compliments on my appearance.

Girls- how do you get guys to approach you and if they have before what happened?

Guys - what attracts you in girls and what would make you approach one?
    Thank you xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I sometimes make deep eye contact with guys in the street (im 17 f) they smile at me but then i just never see them again.

Whenever this happens to my friends and sisters they always get guys approaching them and asking for their number.

Girls- how do you get guys to approach you and if they have before what happened?

Thank you xxxx
    'Deep eye contact' is more likely to make people think 'OMG she's a loon' than to draw them towards you.

Quick and flirty eye contact. Don't stare them down. And feel free to go talk to them- there's no rule stipulating that it's a one way street.

ReputationRep:
    You should approach the guys yourself, like the confidence to do that will probably make you seem more attractive to them. Some guys feel awkward about talking to girls on the street (it makes some people uncomfortable to be approached by strangers), so if you make the first move they might feel better about it.

ReputationRep:
    Your deep eye contact probs has them going like :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    It's possibly the worst thing ever - that is, for a guy to come up to you. Honestly, it isn't a desirable thing you seem to want. It's actually quite violating, but I understand you seem to want that sort of validation....

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it's best to keep yourself to yourself and not grow anxious over why guys don't approach you because your original post screams of someone desperate to have someone validate their self-worth. That's something men typically find deeply unattractive. Learn to love yourself before seeking someone who could (potentially) come to like you.

(Original post by Anonymous)

Thank you xxxx
    Many guys (mainly the not so desperate ones) won't randomly approach a woman in the street. You either...

- Look young (which you are kinda) so the mature guys won't dig this.
    - Are not as attractive as you think you are (girls will say something to your face and something completely different behind your back).
    - Come off as a freak, like Friffinghell mentioned about the smiling.

It is a numbers game (for guys) some may approach random strangers, most will not. If I wanted to be with a girl, something more than a ONS, I'd approach her in a setting where we have something mutual for example a class, project, friend's house party...so I don't come off as a creep and at least have something to chat about. I am attracted by a good figure, shorter than me height, cute smile and down to earth/caring personality. Don't fake any of this if you don't have it, it'll come through eventually.

ReputationRep:
    It's because nowadays guys don't really approach girls in the street much because they afraid of being called weird or catcallers. I think people get into relationships through circumstances mainly, like being at the same school or uni or being at the same job, being a mutual friend etc.

But I'd find it super attractive if I got approached by a girl, but it never happens

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.