Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma because I want to apply to uni this year but I'm not 100% decided on my course so i'll choose the one I favour most and then if I change my mind, I can change my mind and take a gap year.

I take maths, further maths, chem, biology and so all my options are science options:
    -biomedical
    -biochemistry
    -natural sciences
    or more mathematical like...
    -actuarial science
    -accounting and finance
    -economics

I think I would find the science options more interesting to learn about, but when it comes to finding a job I really can't see myself working in a lab for the rest of my life. I don't know if I like molecular science as much as learning about systems of the body and disease. I'm not sure if the lifestyle of a doctor will be too much for me, but I'll get some work experience and if I like it I'll apply in 2019. Are there any courses which are like medicine but less 'intense'?

Also, if you get rejected from a course like medicine in your gap year, can you reapply early for another course seeing as you've already got your a level results? This would avoid having to take a second gap year to reapply again.

Also, I have 12A*s at GCSE, and if I prepare well for my UKCAT with lots of work experience and achieve A*A*A at A level, but not be great at interview, what's the likelihood of getting rejected from a lot of medical schools?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If you are not great at interview you will get rejected yes. Good GCSE and a level results should help get the interview though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.