Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma because I want to apply to uni this year but I'm not 100% decided on my course so i'll choose the one I favour most and then if I change my mind, I can change my mind and take a gap year.

I take maths, further maths, chem, biology and so all my options are science options:
    -biomedical
    -biochemistry
    -natural sciences
    or more mathematical like...
    -actuarial science
    -accounting and finance
    -economics

I think I would find the science options more interesting to learn about, but when it comes to finding a job I really can't see myself working in a lab for the rest of my life. I don't know if I like molecular science as much as learning about systems of the body and disease. I'm not sure if the lifestyle of a doctor will be too much for me, but I'll get some work experience and if I like it I'll apply in 2019. Are there any courses which are like medicine but less 'intense'?

Also, if you get rejected from a course like medicine in your gap year, can you reapply early for another course seeing as you've already got your a level results? This would avoid having to take a second gap year to reapply again.

Also, I have 12A*s at GCSE, and if I prepare well for my UKCAT with lots of work experience and achieve A*A*A at A level, but not be great at interview, what's the likelihood of getting rejected from a lot of medical schools?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If you are not great at interview you will get rejected yes. Good GCSE and a level results should help get the interview though.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: August 12, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.