Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

in DESPERATE need of MONEY Watch

ReputationRep:
    Long story short, Im 16 and my family is a little short on money, so I need about £300 pounds for personal reasons. Id like to wok anytime between the 19th of august to the 1st of september but so many places require you to be over 18, so i was wondering if anyone knew any areas around london that 16 year old to work and earn money, preferably during the day?
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Given regulations on age, the best thing to do is ask people you actually know (ie, friends from school or their parents, grandparents or cousins, friendly neighbors, other people that you know well enough to feel comfortable asking for a job). They may need small jobs doing (like fixing something with a tv or computer, or cutting the grass or weeding a patio, etc.), or know people that need jobs doing. You might not get much from any single job, but you can do lots of little jobs in one day that will add up. Just make it clear that you do need paying for what ever you are doing.

ReputationRep:
    You won't be able to get a part time job for just two weeks, but you could look for a permenant one? Eg primark or restaurants

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    Long story short, Im 16 and my family is a little short on money, so I need about £300 pounds for personal reasons. Id like to wok anytime between the 19th of august to the 1st of september but so many places require you to be over 18, so i was wondering if anyone knew any areas around london that 16 year old to work and earn money, preferably during the day?
    thank you
    You're going to massively struggle finding a job for 2 weeks but the majority of jobs will take you at 16, like retail stores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    thank you
    Look around, at your age it isn't easy. I'm only 17 and I was in the same situation family wise but I was lucky enough to have found a place who took me on when I was 14 ( wasn't the most legal thing but owelllll) I still work for him while studying. It isn't easy but one piece of advise for you, if you do end up finding a job, spend wisely and SAVE . I'm on route to a mortgage by 19 you can do the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    thank you
    mcdonalds will easily take you

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.