Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Car Slams Into Counter-Protesters at the Racist Alt-Right Rally in Charlottesville Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://gizmodo.com/car-slams-into-co...rig-1797782597

Amid the chaos of a canceled “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia attended by white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and other members of the so-called alt-right on Saturday, someone drove a car directly into other vehicles and a crowd of people protesting the march.

At least six injuries are reported, according to the Washington Post. The exact moment the car slammed into another car at high speed, sending protesters flying through the air, was captured on Rebelutionary_Z’s Periscope livestream (starting at around 7:30; warning, the footage is disturbing).

https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/...34516260212737 [may be disturbing]

ReputationRep:
    Taking inspiration from ISIS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Command&Conquer)
    http://gizmodo.com/car-slams-into-co...rig-1797782597

Amid the chaos of a canceled “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia attended by white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and other members of the so-called alt-right on Saturday, someone drove a car directly into other vehicles and a crowd of people protesting the march.

At least six injuries are reported, according to the Washington Post. The exact moment the car slammed into another car at high speed, sending protesters flying through the air, was captured on Rebelutionary_Z’s Periscope livestream (starting at around 7:30; warning, the footage is disturbing).

https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/...34516260212737 [may be disturbing]
    One confirmed dead now:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7890481.html

ReputationRep:
    Right wingers are quiet lmfao. Desperately trying to justify the alt right

ReputationRep:
    Yes, cry over the removal of a statute to a slaver master.

Interesting anyway, the South lost, but is still worshiped in America. The whole "history is written by the winners" doesn't apply to America so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Taking inspiration from ISIS?
    It's amazing how much they have common.

I am just surprised an American confederate managed to identify the right crowd. They aren't the brightest bunch.

Assuming it was a confederate, of course - I couldn't quite make out exactly what happened in the video.

ReputationRep:
    That looked pretty horrific. I'm surprised only one died so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    That looked pretty horrific. I'm surprised only one died so far.
    One confirmed, there could be more. I expect that Trump will make no mention of white supremacy. He's no fool; he knows what his support base consists of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eunomia)
    One confirmed, there could be more. I expect that Trump will make no mention of white supremacy. He's no fool; he knows what his support base consists of.
    He's being extremely vague in his condemnation like any old politician who wants to preserve his support base. Remember when Trump was criticising Obama and Clinton for not calling out "Islamic terrorism" by name?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    When people ask me whats the line between freedom of speech and hate speech, just look at what happened in the USA today.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope this does not escalate further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    Let's hope this does not escalate further.
    lol.

The future will likely be civil war across North America and Europe.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope the US goes into Civil War. Maybe that will sort the complete **** that is their country.

You don't see it, but the people living in relative poverty number the millions. They might not be in absolute poverty like countries in Africa still are, but life is relative. When the gap is as large as it is in the US, you will get problems. Ironically all the people that suffer, they are right, because they somehow think taxes are to blame or foreigners. Their economy requires people to live for an animal's wage and everyone hopes that they can achieve the American Dream. Only they have to go to Denmark for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    Right wingers are quiet lmfao. Desperately trying to justify the alt right
    I'm a "right winger" insofar as I'm a liberal conservative who believes in free markets and personal liberty. I have about as much in common with these people as Tony Blair has with Kim Jong-un - both being ostensibly left-wing.

(Original post by yudothis)
    Interesting anyway, the South lost, but is still worshiped in America. The whole "history is written by the winners" doesn't apply to America so much.
    It's romanticising the glorious defeat. That happens everywhere: look at the Jacobites in Britain for a perfect example close to home.

(Original post by yudothis)
    You don't see it, but the people living in relative poverty number the millions. They might not be in absolute poverty like countries in Africa still are, but life is relative.
    Relative, apparently, only between certain artificial lines drawn on a map.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Relative, apparently, only between certain artificial lines drawn on a map.
    Well yes, but that's how humans think. They don't care about anything outside that line. Can't blame them either. Imagine if we actually truly cared about people in the rest of the world living in **** compared to us. We would get depressed.

ReputationRep:
    The people calling this a terrorist attack make me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    The people calling this a terrorist attack make me cringe.
    the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims
    1. Unlawful use of violence. Tick.
    2. Against civilians. Tick.
    3. Pursuing political aims. Tick.

People who let their opinions and biases cloud their ability to think make me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Who are you shilling for and do the goyim know?
    Are you high?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The hypocrites out in full force tonight eh

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: August 15, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.