The Student Room Group

chickenfajitas' A LEVEL journey to A*A*A

Welcome to chickenfajitas' A LEVEL journey to A*A*A! :biggrin:
(Motivated by the Grow your grades forum, so decided to try it myself!)

Currently studying: Biology, Geography, Psychology
Predicted Grades: Biology (A), Geography (B), Psychology (A)
Grades I hope to achieve: Biology (A), Geography (A*), Psychology (A*)
After A-Levels: Study Psychology at university and become a clinical psychologist (cliché I know!)

I am happy with my predicted grades, without a doubt, considering the bad reputation of my college and amount of work I put in. However, I believe with determination and motivation (and with the help of this thread) I feel I am likely to achieve A*A*A!

Hopefully, many of you will follow my A LEVEL JOURNEY TO A*A*A, and encourage me along the way (heads up: might need a fair bit of it) :smile:! I hope that this may also motivate you to achieve your goals also - as it did for me. LETS DO THIS :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Yay good luck, I'll be watching your progress :h:
Original post by Batgirl98
Yay good luck, I'll be watching your progress :h:

Thank youuu! Not sure how this will plan out but its worth a shot! :smile:
13/08/17
Not the ideal first post on this thread, but I didn't do any revision. I spent 6 hours collecting data for my geography coursework with my mate, and now I am searching for secondary data (which is pretty difficult since the town I collected data in is TINY)! Whilst collecting the data, I got badlllyy sun burnt and I have a feeling I have sun stroke since I am pretty ill at the moment; therefore I am feeling a bit unmotivated but I'm going to see how much I can get done before I go to sleep. I'm meant to be going on holiday tomorrow but might stay behind and catch up and do some work (especially if I am not feeling all too good) since I have a lot to do before college starts!
14/08/17
Carried on making revision notes for biological molecules today which I didn't finish off last year.. Wish I did more but I take soo long making revision notes since I am a perfectionist when it comes to this type of thing. :s-smilie: I'm aiming to get all my revision notes from last year completed before college starts so I can start revising asap and begin to create notes for next year.
Reply 5
Goodluck, I like this, might do one myself by eh..
Original post by ᒍack
Goodluck, I like this, might do one myself by eh..

Thank you! I just saw your thread, I'll make sure to follow your journey. Good luck in AS :smile:
15/08/17
Continued doing biological molecules revision notes all day today. You see what I mean when I take forever to do notes :frown:! Can't wait until I finally finish all my notes before college starts and then I can get my head down and start revising properly..
Reply 8
Just finished A2s in Geography, Biology and Politics - Make sure you give Biology the time it requires, and try to focus your Geography revision on remembering case study detail.

Good luck this year!
Original post by Swissblade
Surely it's best to enjoy the summer instead of tiring yourself out making notes and studying before college even starts? You may end up losing motivation real fast.

Well I foolishly didn't make/finish notes for most topics for biology last year. So I'm trying to finish everything off before college starts, so I can actually make notes on time this year without trying to do notes from last year as well. I'm only going to study if I feel bored, I'm not going to religiously start revising.
What I've found is that I am more motivated if I keep at something when I did it before other commitments (e.g. college) rather than start studying when I've got other things like college to do.
Original post by Inister
Just finished A2s in Geography, Biology and Politics - Make sure you give Biology the time it requires, and try to focus your Geography revision on remembering case study detail.

Good luck this year!

Thank you for your advice! Yeah, I found biology has much more content than the others and really struggled trying to fit everything in before mocks. Having to revise 2 years worth of content for biology is quite scary, so I am going to try to keep up with it this year! I did find focusing my revision on case study detail the most beneficial for revising for geography, so I will definitely do that for A2 as well. Good luck for thursday and I hope you get the grades you want!
16/08/17
Finally finished my biological molecules notes! Now I am going to begin starting some more notes for another topic (which I haven't decided yet). Feeling very motivated at the moment :biggrin:

(Also if anyone is collecting their results tomorrow, good luck!)
17/08/17
Today I spent organizing my subject folders on my computer, getting a few past papers together, and collecting notes from other sources, to use as a guide for writing my notes. Now I'm going to make flashcards for Biology (specifically biological molecules).
Reply 13
Original post by chickenfajitas
17/08/17
Today I spent organizing my subject folders on my computer, getting a few past papers together, and collecting notes from other sources, to use as a guide for writing my notes. Now I'm going to make flashcards for Biology (specifically biological molecules).

:gthumb:
18/08/17
(Made several attempts trying to post on this thread, so hopefully this will work)
I'd say I had a very unproductive morning, only making 5 flashcards lol. I was looking for stickers for my folder and got excited finding a whiteboard for my wall, but it ended up ripping half my wall paper off oops :s-smilie:.. So I redeemed myself, in the evening, by making notes for photosynthesis that I will be learning next year.
19/08/17
I had a relaxed day today. I watched revision channels on youtube and found some really good apps which I think will help when I start revision. Currently, I'm continuing my notes of photosynthesis and I'm going to try to finish notes for respiration as well.
Original post by chickenfajitas
Welcome to chickenfajitas' A LEVEL journey to A*A*A! :biggrin:
(Motivated by the Grow your grades forum, so decided to try it myself!)

Currently studying: Biology, Geography, Psychology
Predicted Grades: Biology (A), Geography (B), Psychology (A)
Grades I hope to achieve: Biology (A), Geography (A*), Psychology (A*)
After A-Levels: Study Psychology at university and become a clinical psychologist (cliché I know!)

I am happy with my predicted grades, without a doubt, considering the bad reputation of my college and amount of work I put in. However, I believe with determination and motivation (and with the help of this thread) I feel I am likely to achieve A*A*A!

Hopefully, many of you will follow my A LEVEL JOURNEY TO A*A*A, and encourage me along the way (heads up: might need a fair bit of it) :smile:! I hope that this may also motivate you to achieve your goals also - as it did for me. LETS DO THIS :wink:

Heyy, good luck for year 13! I wanna do psychology at uni too and become a clinical psychologist (if i ever make it that far 😩) but yeah LETS SMASH YEAR 13 LOL
Original post by BubblegumPops
Heyy, good luck for year 13! I wanna do psychology at uni too and become a clinical psychologist (if i ever make it that far 😩) but yeah LETS SMASH YEAR 13 LOL

Thank youu! Ayy its good to finally find a wannabe psychologist on here! Ugh I know we chose one of the toughest psychologist jobs to get into :frown: but LETS DO THIS!
20/08/17
Spent my day organizing my folder, so I have a place to put my flashcards, writing up the definitions for biological molecules on my flashcards and finishing off respiration notes.
21/08/17
Relaxed day doing biology notes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending