The Student Room Group

Lower income

Hi. It appears that my application has been approved for Academic Year 2017/18.

The loan is around the same amount as I have received the previous 2 years however this year there are no grant payments listed.

My parents have submitted financial info for the 15/16 tax year, and the site said if your income has decreased by more than 15% for the 16/17 tax year, then you can apply for reassessment.

The income for 16/17 tax year is similar to that of 14/15 tax year - which we submitted last year and received both the maintenance loan and the grant, so I'm thinking I should be entitled to similar money for Academic Year 2017/18.

How do I go about submitting the updated financial info and getting the loan reassessed?

Slightly stressing out as I won't be able to afford my final year without the grant...

Thanks
Hi rbowen1,

If you are continuing onto the third year of a three year course and if household income for the 2015-2016 tax year is similar to the 2014-2015 tax year then you should have a similar entitlement. The only difference would usually be that you would get a bit less Maintenance Loan (ML) as you always get less in your final year.

However since it is asking if household income has dropped by at least 15% from the 2016-2017 tax year figures it sounds as if there may have already been a decrease in income previously as we wouldn't normally ask about that tax period for the 2017/18 academic year unless a Current Year Income (CYI) assessment had been done for the 2016/17 academic year. If this had been done then we would require finalisation evidence. If we hadn't received all the evidence we needed this could explain why you haven't been assessed for your grant.

It would probably be best if you call us on 0300 100 0607 so we can check this for you and advise you what is required.

(Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending