Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Terrified of death Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm only a young 18 year old who still has a long life ahead of him, but the thought of dying one day scares me. I feel terrified, petrified, mortified just thinking about it. How can I accept my fate? How does one embrace the inevitable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I'm only a young 18 year old who still has a long life ahead of him, but the thought of dying one day scares me. I feel terrified, petrified, mortified just thinking about it. How can I accept my faith? How does one embrace the inevitable?
    You're 18??????

ReputationRep:
    yep if anyone is willing to give me a heads up on dying it would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    You're 18??????
    even I knew this man

ReputationRep:
    Mayne just live your life one day at a time and don't think about that stuff.

Occupy yourself with work, studies and hobbies that you love - like making gainz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    even I knew this man
    It was sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    Death is quite fascinating tbh.... once you overcome the fear, life sort of becomes a big joke. Everyone feels scared of death from time to time, when i was 14-15 i was actually terrified of it lol. Faith just exploits your fear of death. You embrace the inevitable by living life to the best accepting that death is just another part of it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    even I knew this man
    It was sarcasm.
    It's an inside joke me and SG have😂😂

ReputationRep:
    I'm only a young 18 year old who still has a long life ahead of him, but the thought of dying one day scares me. I feel terrified, petrified, mortified just thinking about it. How can I accept my faith? How does one embrace the inevitable?
    Yay, death one of my favourite topics

ReputationRep:
    Is this a serious thread?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    Death is quite fascinating tbh.... once you overcome the fear, life sort of becomes a big joke. Everyone feels scared of death from time to time, when i was 14-15 i was actually terrified of it lol. Faith just exploits your fear of death. You embrace the inevitable by living life to the best accepting that death is just another part of it
    My conscience is aware of all this. But my subconcious isn't. I am just too selfish and too much of an egoist to accept it. No matter how hard I try.

ReputationRep:
    it's probably a dead one since SG is involved
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The thought of dying actually keeps me up at nights when I start thinking about it and like really messes with me. I have had a lot of bad nights thinking about it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is this a serious thread?
    Yeah man. Srs. I wanna be immortal
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Mayne just live your life one day at a time and don't think about that stuff.

Occupy yourself with work, studies and hobbies that you love - like making gainz
    That's some clean advice bro. Thanks But even with those things I still feel quite empty. I feel like there's no purpose in living just as there's no purpose in dying. I'm having a major existential crisis at hald 2 in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    My conscience is aware of all this. But my subconcious isn't. I am just too selfish and too much of an egoist to accept it. No matter how hard I try.
    I see what you're doing now

ReputationRep:
    That's some clean advice bro. Thanks But even with those things I still feel quite empty. I feel like there's no purpose in living just as there's no purpose in dying. I'm having a major existential crisis at hald 2 in the morning.
    Hope the grim reaper don't catch you
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    The thought of dying actually keeps me up at nights when I start thinking about it and like really messes with me. I have had a lot of bad nights thinking about it
    Me too man. It's really difficult accepting it. Although sometimes I just wished I went to sleep and never woke up. Life can be frustrating and that's when death shines, due to it's mysterious nature.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    I see what you're doing now
    Confessing my self-awareness?

ReputationRep:
    it's probably a dead one since SG is involved
    Why are you always pissed off at me? 😂

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.