Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

After-Life Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored rn so i'm thinking so much😂
    Anyway, whats your thoughts on what could happen when its your time for the spirit world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodzy14)
    Anyway, whats your thoughts on what could happen when its your time for the spirit world?
    Salvation or reincarnation as some animal.

ReputationRep:
    u respawn ofc
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'd love it if there was a perfect heavenly place where you could live forever. But in reality, the chances of that are unlikely. You die and nothing happens. Everything is blank. You get lost in the vast universe and your corpse gets buried to then decompose and feed the worms. The circle of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I'd love it if there was a perfect heavenly place where you could live forever. But in reality, the chances of that are unlikely. You die and nothing happens. Everything is blank. You get lost in the vast universe and your corpse gets buried to then decompose and feed the worms. The circle of life.
    Do you believe you have a soul?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I think that after you die you get transferred to a new body and you will have no memory whatsoever of your previous body but there is literally no way to prove this.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Do you believe you have a soul?
    I don't think I do. But I don't exclude the possibility there might be one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A bloke called Brian shows you around the afterlife.

ReputationRep:
    Dark, scary, nothingness. Just like before you were born. Nothing. Try to comprehend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I think that after you die you get transferred to a new body and you will have no memory whatsoever of your previous body but there is literally no way to prove this.
    Basically reincarnation. Okay what happens when the world ends? That reincarnation works but when the universe ceases to exist what then? I doubt it that we just cease to exist as well and there is just blankness. It makes no sense but again we have no way to prove anything and we are the century of science now where proof is what you need even when sometimes the proof you first provided is later disproved. Welcome to the 21st century Humans and Extraterritorial organisms.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I do. But I don't exclude the possibility there might be one.
    Ready to have your mind blown?

Spoiler:
    Show
    When you're about to die, you see a light. You go towards the light, slowly, out of the darkness you get closer to the light until you touch it...

Spoiler:
    Show
    You are now born as a new person. The light was in the maternity ward ygm

Obviously I don't believe that. I have different views.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ready to have your mind blown?

Spoiler:
    Show

When you're about to die, you see a light. You go towards the light, slowly, out of the darkness you get closer to the light until you touch it...

Spoiler:
    Show

You are now born as a new person. The light was in the maternity ward ygm

Obviously I don't believe that. I have different views.
    If reincarnation is real, then I'm still not coming to grips with it. Because evidently it implies your concience will be lost when you're reborn as someone else.

Whatever happens when I die, it won't go my way; and I found that out a long time ago. I'm just trying to accept it though.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetakeStudent07)
    Basically reincarnation. Okay what happens when the world ends? That reincarnation works but when the universe ceases to exist what then? I doubt it that we just cease to exist as well and there is just blankness. It makes no sense but again we have no way to prove anything and we are the century of science now where proof is what you need even when sometimes the proof you first provided is later disproved. Welcome to the 21st century Humans and Extraterritorial organisms.
    We live in a multiverse. When the universe ceases to exist, a new one takes its place. The world is just too complex for us to understand it, and honestly we play an extremely minuscule role in all of this. Knowing too much about it can be detrimental, because if you truly value your life then it's hard to accept your tragic faith in the end. Better not knowing, because ignorance can be blissful.

ReputationRep:
    If reincarnation is real, then I'm still not coming to grips with it. Because evidently it implies your concience will be lost when reborn as someone else.

Whatever happens when I die, it won't go my way; and I found that out a long time ago. I'm just trying to accept it though.
    Via the basis of my religion I believe in 2 things.

If you weren't a good person in your life, I believe you are reincarnated as an animal. That's a life of suffering basically. Animals don't have great lives. Of course you lose consciousness of your previous life. Although there are stories of people being able to "remember" their previous life. There are stories as well, some convincing ones of humans being reborn. But of course there's no concrete proof

If you were a good person in your life and didn't cause others harm, were selfless, etc, then I believe you achieve salvation. Breaking the cycle of reincarnation and you achieve peace. I think that this is just like almost falling into place. Like a drop of water in an ocean and you become one with God. I'm not sure about the idea of heaven. What's one person's heaven relative to another person's?

This probably sounds ridiculous to someone who doesn't believe but oh well it's just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Would you guys rather die in your sleep, or die peacefully awake and know it's coming?

I am super scared that when I die it will be in my sleep, because I feel like I need to brace for it, prepare for it and accept it. Dying in your sleep seems like the scariest thing to me.

ReputationRep:
    We live in a multiverse. When the universe ceases to exist, a new one takes its place. The world is just too complex for us to understand it, and honestly we play an extremely minuscule role in all of this. Knowing too much about it can be detrimental, because if you truly value your life then it's hard to accept your tragic faith in the end. Better not knowing, because ignorance can be blissful.
    I agree that we know nothing as Ygritte rightfully said to Jon Snow. But even if we do live in a multiverse as you say then one day there will come a day when neither universe will exist and poof it will be as if we never existed. Before the bang bang time didn't exist. A few thousand years ago we didnt have watches telling us what time it is and what to do we followed the sun. But it is truly fascinating at how far we have come and yet we still know nothing or even if we did its like a pin in an ocean. Do you believe time travel is possible and also time travel to the past? I personally believe going to the past is impossible but to the future it might be but then you will never be able to get back to the present.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TehFen)
    Would you guys rather die in your sleep, or die peacefully awake and know it's coming?

I am super scared that when I die it will be in my sleep, because I feel like I need to brace for it, prepare for it and accept it. Dying in your sleep seems like the scariest thing to me.
    I feel the opposite way. I'd rather die sleeping, not knowing it happened. I guess that makes me a coward, but I'd rather not face my fears, not know when they are coming.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Via the basis of my religion I believe in 2 things.

If you weren't a good person in your life, I believe you are reincarnated as an animal. That's a life of suffering basically. Animals don't have great lives. Of course you lose consciousness of your previous life. Although there are stories of people being able to "remember" their previous life. There are stories as well, some convincing ones of humans being reborn. But of course there's no concrete proof

If you were a good person in your life and didn't cause others harm, were selfless, etc, then I believe you achieve salvation. Breaking the cycle of reincarnation and you achieve peace. I think that this is just like almost falling into place. Like a drop of water in an ocean and you become one with God. I'm not sure about the idea of heaven. What's one person's heaven relative to another person's?

This probably sounds ridiculous to someone who doesn't believe but oh well it's just my opinion.
    I get you. I respect your opinion man. I personally don't believe in anything, but I'd like to, only so I can have hope. Which is not true faith either way. It's just cowardly of me.

ReputationRep:
    I get you. I respect your opinion man. I personally don't believe in anything, but I'd like to, only so I can have hope. Which is not true faith either way. It's just cowardly of me.
    Either way though, I don't believe you can remember anything after you die. The brain isn't part of the soul.

There's many God fearing people out there unfortunately, not God loving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodzy14)
    There's no evidence to believe that it will be any different than it was before I became sentient. After-life = dead.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.