Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Why do I need to pee every 10-15 minutes Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm a 15 years old girl
    I've been needing to pee every 10-15 minutes and it's kind of becoming annoying.
    I wake up at least 5 to 6 times every night. I've been to the hospital a few times, I've gotten an ultrasound sound to check if I had any problems
    It all came back being clear there was nothing wrong
    I had a urine sample a couple of times to check if there was anything wrong but that alos came back clear no problems
    My dad is diabetic but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem
    Should I go back to the hospital or would that be useless
    I just think the doctors think it's nothing because I'm only 15 and so young
    Any suggestions on what to do
    Anything would help right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruru_)
    I've been needing to pee every 10-15 minutes and it's kind of becoming annoying.
    I wake up at least 5 to 6 times every night. I've been to the hospital a few times, I've gotten an ultrasound sound to check if I had any problems
    I had a urine sample a couple of times to check if there was anything wrong but that alos came back clear no problems
    The only diagnosis I can think of is a urinary infection but I'm not a doctor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    The only diagnosis I can think of is a urinary infection but I'm not a doctor
    The thing is I've been tested for all of that it came clear that I had no bacteria or any type of infection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruru_)
    But I've been tested out for any type of infection or bacteria it came out all clear no sign of any infection
    Go ask your doctor again. You aren't going to get an answer at 4AM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruru_)
    Doctors can sometimes be... What's the word i'm looking for... -ugh-
    Anyway... Go back and tell them that it's causing you problems (as mentioned above) and tell them it's not going away, you need to help me please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ᒍack)
    Doctors can sometimes be... What's the word i'm looking for... -ugh-
    Anyway... Go back and tell them that it's causing you problems (as mentioned above) and tell them it's not going away, you need to help me please.
    Will do thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruru_)
    Will do thanks
    Yeah, it's an annoying process sometimes... Just book an appointment in with your local GP sometimes you can get it on the same day if you say it's 'urgent'. They'll usually try different things to rule out what it can be, may mean you have to go back multiple times.

ReputationRep:
    how much do you drink in a day?

ReputationRep:
    You may need a neurological evaluation. Are you having any problems with muscle control or muscle cramping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruru_)
    If you don't have a bladder infection and you are not diabetic, I would suggest that you have overactive bladder syndrome. I get it any time I don't have access to a toilet. Some people get it all the time. There are meds you can take.

Look at what you are drinking. Caffeine can make it much worse and bizarrely not drinking enough fluid can as well

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me once. You might have an infection.

ReputationRep:
    Quick Question. This might sound really gross, but what color is your pee when it comes out?

ReputationRep:
    GPs do not know everything as their knowledge is general. You need your GP to refer you to see a urologist. I gather they did this already, but whether you have to go back 10 times to the hospital then that's just how it goes, they have to figure out what's wrong and help you. They may be cautious about giving medication to someone so young and they may hope it just clears up by itself - but if it really is impacting your life in a bad way then you need to make that clear to them.

ReputationRep:
    how much water do you drink

ReputationRep:
    also, are your feet cold?

ReputationRep:
    Really light yellow

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this a sign of diabetes or something? It's probably nothing , just remember my doc saying something like this

ReputationRep:
    diabeeetuss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedA)
    Isn't this a sign of diabetes or something? It's probably nothing , just remember my doc saying something like this
    My dad is diabetic but don't think that's the problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prostheticzeta)
    also, are your feet cold?
    Yes most of the time

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: August 14, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.