Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of taking architecture for college, and I have so many questions that somehow haven't been answered by the people around me so I'm asking them here.
    What does it feels like to be an architect student ?
    Does high school math grades matters to architect college ? (Meaning if I suck at math during my high school times, then it is impossible for me to survive in architecture)
    Is it possible for an architecture student to have a part time job ?
    What will we learn in architecture ?
    Is it as tough and stressful as everyone says ?
    Where does the architecture students carry out their internships ?

Thank you for anybody who answers !
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varlene)
    I'm thinking of taking architecture for college, and I have so many questions that somehow haven't been answered by the people around me so I'm asking them here.
    What does it feels like to be an architect student ?
    Does high school math grades matters to architect college ? (Meaning if I suck at math during my high school times, then it is impossible for me to survive in architecture)
    Is it possible for an architecture student to have a part time job ?
    What will we learn in architecture ?
    Is it as tough and stressful as everyone says ?
    Where does the architecture students carry out their internships ?

Are you asking about studying architecture in the uk or elsewhere in the world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Are you asking about studying architecture in the uk or elsewhere in the world?
    I'm thinking of either UK or Canada

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varlene)
    1. What does it feels like to be an architect student ?
    2. Does high school math grades matters to architect college ? (Meaning if I suck at math during my high school times, then it is impossible for me to survive in architecture)
    3. Is it possible for an architecture student to have a part time job ?
    4. What will we learn in architecture ?
    5. Is it as tough and stressful as everyone says ?
    6. Where does the architecture students carry out their internships ?

1. Average? If you like working long hours for minimal reward it will feel great though.

2. Nope, doesn't really matter at all. Having a basic grasp of geometry is handy.

3. No, but increasingly difficult to balance as you progress.

4. That's very open ended.

5. Yeah, pretty much. Again, if you don't want to do well you could get by with minimal stress if you're fairly capable.

6. Any architecture practice generally.

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.