The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The point is that parallel lines deteriorate, blur, and sag, so it's not a question of whether the OP wants a pristine tattoo, but whether the OP will tolerate a deteriorated tattoo of an already old-hat design. They're very "2015."
Yeah that one would be really Cool, how long have you wanted a barcode tattoo for. Just wondering as I am to least decisive person ever always changing my mind on what I want to have done :P
Reply 42
It's already such an effort to get things to scan on self service check outs... do you really think a barcode under your clothes, facing your body of a barcode that is unrelated to the shop is going to set off any alarms?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 43
barcodes do not set off alarms... hence why if you buy 10 packets of smarties, the shop assistant can scan the same pack 10 times without the other 9 packets setting off an alarm.

even if they did set off alarms (which they don't), you would have to have a barcode for that specific store or chain, for a specific item they had in stock for it to have any effect.
(edited 6 years ago)
lol when the OP gets charged extra on his groceries bill for whatever he comes up as in the barcode.
Thats good yeah 2 years sounds like a long enough amount of time. You could have a look at local tattoo conventions they always have the top tattooist at them :smile: Just make sure you do your research in to the tattooist portfolio so you can check that they are good. Last thing you want is wobbly lines on your barcode.
Reply 46
That wouldn't work lol
Morning :smile:

Have you had a good look at the artists portfolio?

Also if you get this done afterwards make sure to let us all know if it BEEPS, and upload a photo x
Reply 48
Barcodes are not the trigger for the security scanners.

You must've seen security tags on clothes/games/CDs etc.?

Even if they were, you'll most likely end up booking it with a £10 p/h tattoo artist that won't manage to draw a straight line and won't scan at all.
Reply 49
Just as long as you aren't overpriced then yeah its a good idea :tongue:
Thats great glad you have had a look at his work and had a good think about whether this is right for you :smile: When are you booked in for ? Looking forward to a photo and to here whether it works, have you decided what product you want it to scan as?
What about a QR code?

I don't see the appeal, but surely that would look better than a barcode.
barcodes are not infallible:

tsrbagging2.jpg
Thats good ! I think setting off a few alarms will be funny :P

Sugar sounds sweet hehe :smile:
Or your favourite treat but then that could change hmmm mine would probs me malteasers
Your biggest buzz seems to be coming from the potential (ie. unknown) interaction with time-limited in-store technology. Barcodes will be like 8-track audio or Betamax video before you can say ker-ching. Still, you seem to need the attention.
No problem :smile:

I am excited for you!

xxx
Reply 56
Sorry, but you're wrong. The scanners aren't set up to check bardcodes, they work on radio tags.
Ah, life goals;

Win Nobel Peace Prize
Develop cure for cancer
Discover civilisation on exo-planet
Write great work of literature
Raise three beautiful children
Get mistaken for a bag of sugar
Reply 58
personally I always think tattoos are a bad idea, but if you want one, go ahead.
Keep in mind that tattoos bleed slightly and thin lines can almost double in size over the years so make sure there's a good amount of space between the lines.
Your tattoo may not scan correctly after some years for those reasons.

Latest