A* tips to revise for Food Technolgy

Watch
Reviser101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone,
I'm going to year 10 in September and I just waned to know if there are any tips for revising for Food Tech. I don't really revise for it only in tests.
Are there any tips for revising for it to get the best marks possible?
Thanks
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did Home Ec, not Food tech- I just revised from the textbook and did all the questions in there and did all the past papers. Learn all the key facts first and then go into detail.
crosssafley
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
DONT lose the LAMB SAUCE!1111
Marcuswilliamms
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did Hospitality and Catering but i cant imagine it being much different, Learn the food safety laws, Learn the important temperatures (for example 63 degrees for hot holding) and types of hygiene. There isnt really any special way to revise it except how you know best eg flash cards.
Im not sure if you get these types of questions in food tech but in catering we would get recipe questions on how to make something like scones, the best way to learn recipes are to actually make the food, that way you remember the method too, Good Luck!
becky.hg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh, god I hate food tech.
Name:  hsm.png
Views: 60
Size:  140.7 KB
Key thing to remember is to revise as you go along, and don't loose any key worksheets, there are a LOT of definitions so what helped me most is making loads of flashcards, and going through them every night before you go to bed. I havent done my GCSE exam for it yet, but mark schemes help a lot!

most importantly (oh god i can not stress this enough) DON'T FORGET UR PRACTICAL INGREDIENTS

Hope I helped!!!

(Its never too late to prepare....)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.49%
England (143)
34.79%
Belgium (31)
7.54%
Germany (41)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.43%