Is anyone on Okcupid? If so, has anything met anyone from there?

Watch
Catsarefamily
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've joined Okcupid to find love.
I joined a week ago.
Has anyone found love on there?

I've basically put that I'm looking for a (real) cat lover who can cook/bake who doesn't smoke or do recreational drugs that's romantic and affectionate.
Whiskey&Freedom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just use tinder. Unless you are a right munter you'll be getting it on tonight.
Catsarefamily
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Whiskey&Freedom)
Just use tinder. Unless you are a right munter you'll be getting it on tonight.
I don't use Tinder.
The only thing I want to happen in a bed is a 2 hour+ cuddle session.

What I don't like about Okcupid is that they ask so many sexual questions, there should be a way to not have them being asked...
Allie4
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Used OkCupid about 3 years old, wasn't really sure what I was looking for but joined anyways to see what was out there

There were A LOT of thirsty guys on there, heck I even got a few women writing to me as well. About 80% of them were simply looking for no-strings sex, I had to change things around several times to be more specific. I ended up saying I was just there looking to get a date, dated at least 4 different guys in the end, all were more or less the same - nice enough, kinda bland, a bit stingy, a bit uptight and fairly over-entitled. All assumed that paying for the date automatically gave them entry into my pants. I don't know if things are different for guys on there but there are a good percentage of people looking for love or something long-term, you just have to be careful to weed out the right ones - and again, BE SPECIFIC. If you don't want just sex, then say it

Some further info - try to make your profile interesting but not boring, don't write an essay. Don't be insulting. Realistically very few people even read the profiles. Add a few pics - one or two of the face, one whole body, nothing embarrassing, nothing too desperate. Just look nice and normal.
thedevotchka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've been on okcupid about 2 years on and off. The last guy I met from there I'm currently seeing, a few weeks on, so that's working out okay. A lot of people on there seem to message back and forth for a week or so and then go quiet, getting a set face-to-face date as soon as possible wherever possible is the best bet for not wasting your time too much.

Online dating can be tough!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (97)
13.6%
I'm not sure (32)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (223)
31.28%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.38%
I'm not a current university student (344)
48.25%

Watched Threads