I don't know what I want to do for a career! 👩*💻

Watch
Byeee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, confused 🤷*♀️ or stuck with what I want to study at the university. Am currently studying travel and tourism which am no longer interested in, however I was thinking of doing something else, but I just don't know what that could be .....
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Byeee)
Hey, confused 🤷*♀️ or stuck with what I want to study at the university. Am currently studying travel and tourism which am no longer interested in, however I was thinking of doing something else, but I just don't know what that could be .....
I'm not sure how anybody can possibly suggest a course to you without knowing more about you/knowing you personally.

What do you see yourself doing in 10 years time and what are your interests?
Byeee
Rep:
?
I get what you mean.. but am kinda shy and I don't like speaking in front of too many people. However I was thinking of doing law which I don't think there is any lawyer that donesnt present in courtroom.
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would suggest booking an appointment with your school or college careers advisor.

It's okay to not know what you want to do with your life, you're still young!

You need to have a think about what you want to do and you need to not rush this decision. University can wait until you've made that decision and that's even if you decide to go to university.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What about a roadman?
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Careers Advisor?
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Byeee)
Are there any areas you're particularly interested in instead, or any general interests that might help us advise you?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Byeee)
I get what you mean.. but am kinda shy and I don't like speaking in front of too many people. However I was thinking of doing law which I don't think there is any lawyer that donesnt present in courtroom.
Lol, no. If you are shy, you will hate it. As a law student, and then later on, as an LPC student, you will need to do tons of presentations and debates in front of tons of people.
Byeee
Rep:
?
Yeah at first I was interested in travel and tourism as a cabin crew 👩*✈️ for some reason, you don't have go uni to become one.. that's put me down
Asolare
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Byeee)
Yeah at first I was interested in travel and tourism as a cabin crew 👩*✈️ for some reason, you don't have go uni to become one.. that's put me down
Don't let that put you down, think of it as a positive because you then don't need to go £50,000 in debt to become one, and it will not take as much time as a university course + training afterwards. If you still want to be Cabin Crew, then by all means pursue it and make sure you know how you're going to get there.

But it's okay if you don't know 100% what you want to do. I'm 21 and I still don't know and I've met people in their 30s and 40s who don't know what they want to do. There's no 'set point' to decide as long as you're happy with what you're doing atm
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Think about what your interests are and what your career aspirations are. Do some research to find courses and routes to progress in your field. Not all fields require university, and if you are unsure about what you want to study, don't rush into it. You could take time out to do work experience so you get a feel for different careers?

Talking to a careers advisor is a good idea, looking at prospectuses and attending open days when you have decided what you want to study is all very useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (95)
28.02%
No (244)
71.98%

Watched Threads