Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Had an interview at Tesco's, they still haven't got back to me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, so I had an interview on the 9th of August and I think it went well. I think I have the job because they said, "We are just trying to fit your times around some shifts." However, they said they'd call me in a few days and let me know. I know exactly sure what they meant by that, did they mean that they'd call if I got the job or they'd call when I could gets some shifts done.

Anyway's it's Sunday today, of course I don't expect to hear anything on a Sunday because that's a rest day, but should I call in tomorrow and ask them what's going on and if I got the job?

ReputationRep:
    Did they say anything about a timeframe of getting back to you? I wouldn't worry too much, they just had 10 and 11 August, i.e. two working days to decide. Maybe they need to check with HR, too, etc.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimi876)
    OK, so I had an interview on the 9th of August and I think it went well. I think I have the job because they said, "We are just trying to fit your times around some shifts." However, they said they'd call me in a few days and let me know. I know exactly sure what they meant by that, did they mean that they'd call if I got the job or they'd call when I could gets some shifts done.

Anyway's it's Sunday today, of course I don't expect to hear anything on a Sunday because that's a rest day, but should I call in tomorrow and ask them what's going on and if I got the job?
    They usually tell the careers team at HQ who then send out an email. This might take a few working days. Don't worry unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    It's Tesco, not Tesco's .
    Anyway, give it a couple more days.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: August 13, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.