Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be allowed to go travelling abroad on your own ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm heading off on a solo holiday tomorrow to scandinavia lol and my parents didn't really have any issues with me doing that, but wondering what other people's parents thought.

for context I'm 19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Ok so I'm heading off on a solo holiday tomorrow to scandinavia lol and my parents didn't really have any issues with me doing that, but wondering what other people's parents thought.

for context I'm 19
    Yeah - Mine would have no problem with me doing that.

Have fun and stay safe.

ReputationRep:
    Not until I have my own house. My mum is super over protective of me and honestly I kinda like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald7770)
    Not until I have my own house. My mum is super over protective of me and honestly I kinda like that
    Judging by the state of the housing market - that would be never

ReputationRep:
    yeh fair enough aha..I guess in my case I never went on holidays abroad as a family through lack of money so like now I can afford to go myself they cant really say no aha

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'm an adult. Anyone who tries to tell me I'm "not allowed" to do something can politely piss off lol.

My mum might be a little worried, but she certainly wouldn't tell me I'm not allowed. I'd just reassure her and be sure to check in so she knows I'm safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Yeah - Mine would have no problem with me doing that.

Have fun and stay safe.

ah such a sweet picture ahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Judging by the state of the housing market - that would be never
    Oh, did I say house?? Nah I meant UNDER THE TRASH

ReputationRep:
    Oh, did I say house?? Nah I meant UNDER THE TRASH
    Wheelie Bin, 0.4464 sqm, £4000 pcm.

Excellent landlord, all bills inclusive

ReputationRep:
    Been going abroad on my own since 15, all chill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irgreed)
    Been going abroad on my own since 15, all chill
    you going anywhere this summer ? And also what is the best place you've visited so far ahah
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

for context I'm 19
    As I'm 23 yes.

One of my friends was allowed to go travelling at 14. When she was 14 she told her mum she was going to Norway for a long weekend with friends, when in fact she was going on her own :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No my mummy always has my back

ReputationRep:
    you going anywhere this summer ? And also what is the best place you've visited so far ahah
    This summer I'm traveling with my fam, but I'm going to the UK in September
    And UK's the best place I've been to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    As I'm 23 yes.

One of my friends was allowed to go travelling at 14. When she was 14 she told her mum she was going to Norway for a long weekend with friends, when in fact she was going on her own :rofl:
    hahaha brilliant
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    hahaha brilliant
    Yeah, she's just got back from Fiji actually

Both 23 btw

ReputationRep:
    Most airlines allow you to fly by yourself from the age 12 (so long as a parent has signed a form giving permission).

I am allowed to travel by myself, mainly because I am 22 years old. :laugh:.

ReputationRep:

for context I'm 19
    My parents wouldn't have a say in the matter HA! unless I was trying to go to Iraq or something. However, I a bit older though. Have fun.

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm 28 I'd find it amusing if they said I couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I've been abroad alone before. They thought nothing of it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.