The Student Room Group

Is it ever ok to hit a women in self-defense?

I'm just interested in what your guys opinion is, male and female, on this topic. Women want equality in life so does that mean they want to be hit by men if they start a fight with one, if not that seems a bit hypocritical to me. Am I being a sexist by not treating the woman as equal as a man and hitting her in self-defense. Also I see feminist saying there are not enough women in the army, or in science specific subject and that they are male dominated. However they don't complain that the bin collecting industry if male dominated, etc.

Let me just clean this up. In my opinion it is never ok to hit a woman or man, unless you have to in self-defense, then I believe it is ok.

I'm just interested in your guys opinion.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lamby9000
I'm just interested in what your guys opinion is, male and female, on this topic. Women want equality in life so does that mean they want to be hit by men if they start a fight with one, if not that seems a bit hypocritical to me. Am I being a sexist by not treating the woman as equal as a man and hitting her in self-defense. Also I see feminist saying there are not enough women in the army, or in science specific subject and that they are male dominated. However they don't complain that the bin collecting industry if male dominated, etc.

Let me just clean this up. In my opinion it is never ok to hit a woman or man, unless you have to in self-defense, then I believe it is ok.

If she is coming at me with a weapon then yes, I will use self-defense without thinking twice.
yes! doesnt matter if theyre male, female, or a lettuce leaf

if someones coming at you with intent to harm then you gotta fite

Yeah of course one it's self defence and two if you didn't hit her because she was a women then you'd be a sexist.
Yes, especially if the woman is armed. However, there's a limit, reacting to a slap by punching her in the face for example, is just unnecessarily violent.
Reply 5
It depends on the threat. If it's life threatening or could cause serious harm you gotta do what you gotta do. But I'd say no don't hit them if the threat is not large.
(edited 6 years ago)
Of course. Equality.
If they needed to.

It should be equal consequences for either sex though if hitting is unprovoked.
If a woman hits a man, why shouldn't she expect one back?
Original post by Cubone-r
If she is coming at me with a weapon then yes, I will use self-defense without thinking twice.

What about without a weapon. Fist on fist, 1v1 and she attacked you first and keeps attacking you?
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
Original post by cbreef
Yes, especially if the woman is armed. However, there's a limit, reacting to a slap by punching her in the face for example, is just unnecessarily violent.

Would you punch a man in the face if he full on slapped you, if yes then your a sexist for not hitting the woman back because you are not treating her equal to a man.
Would you punch a man in the face if he full on slapped you, if yes then your a sexist for not hitting the woman back because you are not treating her equal to a man.

No I wouldn't. On top of that. The reason I wouldn't hit a woman hard is because they are weaker, softer, smaller etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
I wouldn't hit back anyone, regardless of sex.
Self defence is pretty much one of the only cases where it is acceptable to use violence. Though if a woman hit me I would try to make her stop hitting me by grabbing her wrists or whatever, and then try to leave.
Original post by cbreef
No I wouldn't. On top of that. The reason I wouldn't hit a woman hard is because they are weaker, softer etc.

Que feminists. XD
reasonable force according to the threat
It's fine but you should use your advantage to subdue the person attacking you instead of just to cause harm as revenge unless you want to see yourself in court for excessive use of force
my automatic response to when i'm scared is to attack, so it depends on how scared I am. If she frightens me, i will not hold back.
No if mum wife sister cousin aunt grandma relative etc

Yes if some rando is just back handing me for bants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending