The Student Room Group

Do all girls want boyfriends they see as protector figures?

Do even women who look like they could handle themselves actively seek someone who can make them feel protected?
I'm guessing you're curious because you're awkward and to make things worse, you're short.
Reply 2
Not really. I've always had a brother as a protector. I want support, not protection. I want someone who will make me stronger and help get through things on my own. I want to stand for myself and need someone who respects it and helps me with it.

I think a lot of girls, even some weaker girls, will understand it.
I'd want someone who cared about me and my wellbeing obviously, but if it was extreme and he was preventing me from going out or something then that's just off-putting and getting to the point of controlling.

I just want a decent looking guy with a funny & caring personality tbh.
Yes, but that ideal protection figure can look different for some people.

This person doesn't always have to be 'manly' or 'macho' e.g Thor type, but someone who atleast someone who cares enough to defend you and snap the f out at any idiot any given time(even if they don't talk a lot or at all a daunting deep soul stare is good enough).
Reply 5
Kinda unrelated but
Question: What's more important being funny or being really nice, reliable, caring, protector, decent etc?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Its certainly appreciated
Original post by TehFen
Kinda unrelated but
Question: What's more important being funny or being really nice, reliable, caring, protector, decent etc?

I'd say being a genuinely decent/kind/caring guy tbh. Being funny is just a bonus :smile:
Reply 8
I think most people will appreciate that feeling of protectiveness but it isn't something that only tall, buff guys can do.

You can feel protected because the guy worries about you. Little things like asking for a text when you get home or pulling you a bit closer as you walk past a rowdy bunch of people.
Reply 9
Original post by Devify
I think most people will appreciate that feeling of protectiveness but it isn't something that only tall, buff guys can do.

You can feel protected because the guy worries about you. Little things like asking for a text when you get home or pulling you a bit closer as you walk past a rowdy bunch of people.
A good point.
I am physically weak and of a very small, fragile build. People admire things they lack so yes, I admire physical strength in a male.

However, I would not be attracted to a guy that only knows how to 'protect' me by physically confronting people and picking fights with them. Brutes are not attractive.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending