The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

neha p
how much?
laser is quite expenive as far as i know...

i dnot know exactly, but my friend said for armpits it was like $60 a session...so thats like 25 pounds, and she only had 5 sessions, so all in all it $300 around 150 ounds or just under...so if i ever wanted it done id get it done here...way cheaper than england...and i want to get my legs done, one day. She has pale skin so it was easier to remove the hair, although it burns more.
Reply 41
I wanna become a qualified massage therapist. Anyone up for a rub?
Reply 42
I know somebody who got laser hair removal above her lip. Apparantly it lasted a few months and then grew back. And then she got it done again and it seems to have worked. It seems rather expensive (depending on what you think expensive is of course), I bet it'd hurt getting it done on a bikini line though. But oh well, once it's done it's done and no more shaving, ha lucky.

Beauty is pain, lol.

Good luck anyway :smile:
Reply 43
I haven't had laser hair removal, but did have Epilight, where they use a light pulse instead of a laser (the advantage being that a larger area can be treated with each blast). It was very painful and I also had a bad reaction after each session where my skin itched like crazy (and I suposedly have the ideal colouring for Epilight - ghost white skin and black body hair, so would hate to think how awful it would be for other people). I wouldn't reccommend it for large areas ie legs cos imo it's not worth the pain or expense; the treatment did indeed kill the hairs, but they always grew back (albeit slowly) and I find I can get the same effect with epilating.
Reply 44
Oh yes, I had laser hair removal, I had it all taken off, even my legs, i get it done every 6 months, it works a dream.
Reply 45
Got a mate who had is "back, sack and crack" :tongue: done for charity
Reply 46
bobbybrown
ooh, bit hairy 'downstairs' are we, blueangel?

LOL :biggrin:
Reply 47
ThornsnRoses
i dnot know exactly, but my friend said for armpits it was like $60 a session...so thats like 25 pounds, and she only had 5 sessions, so all in all it $300 around 150 ounds or just under...so if i ever wanted it done id get it done here...way cheaper than england...and i want to get my legs done, one day. She has pale skin so it was easier to remove the hair, although it burns more.

might not be cheaper once the cost of the flight to canada is added to the price!
Nicci_babe
might not be cheaper once the cost of the flight to canada is added to the price!

well youre not going to go there everytime you want it done! That would cost a fortune...but i would get it done whilst im there...one day...if i ever live there...

im scared though...and im underage anyway.
Reply 49
Cyst
Oh yes, I had laser hair removal, I had it all taken off, even my legs, i get it done every 6 months, it works a dream.

how long have you been having the treatment?

Latest