The Student Room Group

pursuing biochemistry, is it worth it?

I am taking A levels Bio, chem and maths. So, I am thinking of pursuing Biochemistry undergraduate course, is it worth it?
Original post by nanachan123
I am taking A levels Bio, chem and maths. So, I am thinking of pursuing Biochemistry undergraduate course, is it worth it?

What do you mean, 'is it worth it'?
Original post by Reality Check
What do you mean, 'is it worth it'?

I am not knowledgeable about the field, but it seems like an interesting course to take. What i meant by 'is it worth it' is that will it provide job satisfaction? do students who major in this course get the job instantly maybe 2-3 weeks after their graduation? i heard students who take this course usually move to accounting/commerce side or choose to remain unemployed as it doesn't have any demand.
Original post by nanachan123
I am not knowledgeable about the field, but it seems like an interesting course to take. What i meant by 'is it worth it' is that will it provide job satisfaction? do students who major in this course get the job instantly maybe 2-3 weeks after their graduation? i heard students who take this course usually move to accounting/commerce side or choose to remain unemployed as it doesn't have any demand.

I'm sorry, but you only seem to want to discuss what job you might get after it. It's supposed to be a degree, not vocational training - you should do the degree because you're interested in the subject and want to extend and develop your knowledge of it, and education more generally. I haven't got a clue about all this job stuff - it's not my focus when considering university courses.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending