The Student Room Group

Does anyone wake up anxious?

I Usually wake up soo anxious like I have this weird gut feeling and my hearts always pounding. If you go through this how do you stop it or even calm it down?
Original post by Anonymous
I Usually wake up soo anxious like I have this weird gut feeling and my hearts always pounding. If you go through this how do you stop it or even calm it down?

Sometimes, especially when I used to have exams during uni where I'd wake up and my heart would pound like crazy because I thought I overslept or something (it happens to me at times now as well, but this time, I'm just worried that I overslept for work :tongue:
Reply 2
I wake up like this a lot, since I have anxiety disorders. Sometimes the anxiety even wakes me up. I usually either get up for a few mins and try and 'walk off' some of the anxiety energy or I lie in bed and put my headphones in and watch something funny on my phone for a few mins. Waking up feeling anxious during the night usually leads onto a panic attack for me but if I wake up feeling anxious in the morning, it's usually a lot easier to deal with and get rid of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to get this! It's like you just have a feeling something bad is going to happen? I don't really know how I stopped it, it just went over time. It is horrible though, I feel your pain :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest