The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Adjustment and Clearing 2017 Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Massive thanks to Brad, Annie and Jon for all their help answering questions today :smile:

For more information about Adjustment and Clearing, please visit our Clearing website here.

Our Clearing helpline opens tomorrow, Thursday 17th August at 7am and will be open to 6pm. The number to call is 0800 052 2248.

Best of luck to everyone receiving their A Level results! :biggrin:

All the best,
Ashley
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Hi everyone!

We have a limited number of undergraduate degree places available for highly qualified candidates for 2017 entry through UCAS Adjustment and Clearing. This could be your chance to study at a Guardian Top 10 university with a fantastic graduate employment record! :biggrin:

Our phone lines are now open and our lovely Clearing ambassadors are ready to take your call. For more information, visit our Clearing website.

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 22
What exactly is adjustment is it a bad thing ?
Original post by Itsjade

Adjustment isn't a bad thing, it is for if you did better than expected!

If you got ABB and had an offer with a uni for CCC, then you obviously blasted it out the park.

Adjustment lets you apply for a better university which is taking in offers for ABB!

tl;dr - if you are doing adjustment then it is a good thing!
Original post by Itsjade

As @Aston University said, it's not a bad thing at all! If you did better than expected then you can get in touch with universities to see if you can get a place with higher entry requirements :smile:

If you have any questions about adjustment at Surrey let us know!

Emma
Hi All,

We're going home for the evening after a verrrrry long day, but we'll be back bright and early tomorrow at 8am to answer your questions.

Clearing lines will also open at 8am tomorrow.

All the best,
Ashley
I've got given the offer to study Physics at Surrey through Clearing. How would I apply for accommodation?
Hi I've been given an offer to study Law at Surrey through clearing. What is the likelihood of getting an on-campus uni? As I'm worried about living too far from campus through the private sector accommodation? Also will I be able to get an accommodation with other undergraduates in a similar position to me?
Hi, I'm in the same situation ! Was accepted to study Law through clearing. However, my UCAS track page hasn't updated to confirm I have the offer. It says the university is still deciding, depsite the fact I've sent everything I need to. This also means that I can't apply for accommodation. Not sure whether this is just me, or if other people are having the same issue ?
Original post by Jamtart01
Hi, I'm in the same situation ! Was accepted to study Law through clearing. However, my UCAS track page hasn't updated to confirm I have the offer. It says the university is still deciding, depsite the fact I've sent everything I need to. This also means that I can't apply for accommodation. Not sure whether this is just me, or if other people are having the same issue ?

It's the same for me
Original post by Waweegee
I've got given the offer to study Physics at Surrey through Clearing. How would I apply for accommodation?

Hi @Waweegee

Congratulations on your offer! Unfortunately we can’t guarantee campus accommodation to students who have applied through clearing, but we do have a dedicated team who are here to support you with finding off-campus accommodation. Have a look at their website here: www.surrey.ac.uk/lettings, once you’ve had a read through if you need some advice then please give them a call on 01483 68 1111.

If you want to apply for accommodation anyway then you can do so once you have your student number here: https://ams.surrey.ac.uk/

All the best,
Emma
Original post by MuntahaAhmed25
Hi I've been given an offer to study Law at Surrey through clearing. What is the likelihood of getting an on-campus uni? As I'm worried about living too far from campus through the private sector accommodation? Also will I be able to get an accommodation with other undergraduates in a similar position to me?

Hi @MuntahaAhmed25

Unfortunately we do not expect to be able to offer you a room. So we do advise you to begin your search for accommodation off-campus as soon as possible. If you haven’t already please contact the Lettings Team via [email protected]

You can find lots of information about looking for off-campus accommodation here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/lettings/property-search

You should also join the Facebook group, where you'll be able to find other undergrads like you looking for accommodation: https://www.facebook.com/groups/571082443030715/

Emma
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi @Waweegee

Congratulations on your offer! Unfortunately we can’t guarantee campus accommodation to students who have applied through clearing, but we do have a dedicated team who are here to support you with finding off-campus accommodation. Have a look at their website here: www.surrey.ac.uk/lettings, once you’ve had a read through if you need some advice then please give them a call on 01483 68 1111.

If you want to apply for accommodation anyway then you can do so once you have your student number here: https://ams.surrey.ac.uk/

All the best,
Emma

Hi Emma,

Is the clearing hotline open today?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamtart01

Hey @Jamtart01,

If your track still hasn't updated by tomorrow then give our admissions team a call on 01483 682 222.

In the meantime I would also strongly recommend that you start to look for off-campus accommodation as unfortunately it is unlikely that you'll be allocated campus accommodation. Have a look here for useful info: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/lettings/property-search

You can also contact the Lettings Team on [email protected] and they'll be available to support your accommodation search.

Emma
Original post by wolfmoon88
Hi Emma,

Is the clearing hotline open today?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

It's not I'm afraid. Are you still waiting for your UCAS track to update? The team will be back at 9am tomorrow so if it hasn't updated by then give them a call first thing on 01483 682 222.

Emma :smile:
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi,

It's not I'm afraid. Are you still waiting for your UCAS track to update? The team will be back at 9am tomorrow so if it hasn't updated by then give them a call first thing on 01483 682 222.

Emma :smile:

Hi,

No just asking for a friend :smile: thank you for the information and for spending part of your Sunday answering our questions. :yep:

wolfmoon88 :tongue:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Hi,

No just asking for a friend :smile: thank you for the information and for spending part of your Sunday answering our questions. :yep:

wolfmoon88 :tongue:

No problem! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending