70 Years since the Indian Partition. Watch

JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It's been 70 years since the partition of India into two countries. Happy Pakistani Independence Day, to anyone from there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40922732
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
It seems odd that people celebrate partition. IMO it's sad that it was deemed necessary at all, and even sadder that there are still such bitter divisions between two peoples who have, whether they like it or not, so much in common.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any they are still squabbling like toddlers.
Faizan111111
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
mad celebrations here outside my house, I live on a main road here in pakistan and some well doing member of society decided it would be a great idea to fire a shotgun up into the air while riding on the back of a motorcycle at 1 in the morning
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Faizan111111)
mad celebrations here outside my house, I live on a main road here in pakistan and some well doing member of society decided it would be a great idea to fire a shotgun up into the air while riding on the back of a motorcycle at 1 in the morning
Loool
Nuba123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in the minority in saying that I genuinely feel no pride in being Pakistani, seriously over 1 million people died just so the British didn't have a united India to worry about being a threat, it was all pretty much orchestrated. Don't care for nationalism or patriotism of any kind, that's just me.
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
It seems odd that people celebrate partition.
Indeed. "Let's celebrate that 10 million people were forced to leave their homes and 1 million died because people drawing lines on maps didn't care much about them."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads