Applying through clearing and I have nowhere to live Watch

username3482518
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, I'm waiting to hear if I get a place at Cardiff university through clearing at an engineering course but I'm worried I won't have any accommodation if I do get the place as I am on track to get in, my results are looking to be okay.

Can anyone please help with pointing me in the right direction, I've tried calling the university but they're saying its unlikely that I am going to get a place in halls as they are filling up. I don't know what to do. Any help welcome
ThePhoenixLament
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Join the facebook groups called Overheard in Cardiff, Cardiff Freshers 2017-2018, Cardiff University Applicants & Offer Holders 2017. There are plenty of people in those groups with spare rooms looking to fill them. They most likely won't be first years at this point, but after results day you may find plenty of people in the same boat as yourself.
mennell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey! I went through clearing a couple of years ago and got into uni accommodation. I think they tell you it's 'unlikely' so that you don't get your hopes up, but it is possible! All my other clearing friends went into private halls, like liberty living and unite, which I think are more pricey but still halls
The Student Housing Company
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, we offer private student accommodation and are situated less than 10 minutes walk to the engineering building. We have rooms in our cluster flats and studios still available. Prices start at £135 per week (including bills) for a 43 week tenancy. If you are in Cardiff we woul be happy to show you around, if not we can conduct a skype tour with you! Check out our website for more information or give us a call on 02921040580
cbreef
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The Student Housing Company)
Prices start at £135 per week
:eek:
AuroraNyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The Student Housing Company)
Prices start at £135 per week (including bills) for a 43 week tenancy
I've never been happier to have accommodation than after reading that sentence...

Edit: to the OP, the math checks out at £5,805 p/y. Which isn't the highest I've seen actually (Southampton Uni wanted £6000), but compared to the £4000 or so Cardiff wants...eesh.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try private accommodation. Cardiff may have information about landlords that accept students?
olivebutch
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya, I currently have a room going in a 2 bed flat, which is a 10 minute walk from town, right next to the engineering building and 15 mins from the main campus. It's £332.50 per month without bills 😊
SopheElisa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you take a look https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/acco...ate-applicants here it shows you how accommodation is sorted for students who go through clearing (and I think there's usually a high success rate of getting some accommodation, even if it isn't the one you wanted!). If you're still worried about it, give the university a call on 029 2087 4000 and ask to speak to someone about accommodation and clearing.

Good luck, and I hope you get your place!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (208)
23.64%
Pop (218)
24.77%
Jazz (33)
3.75%
Classical (49)
5.57%
Hip-Hop (169)
19.2%