The Student Room Group

2 A levels and a Level 4 Foundation Diploma

Say I completed 2 A levels to A or B grade standard (maths and computer science) in 2 years and followed it by a Level 4 Foundation Diploma in art - what would universities think, given I only completed 2 A levels in the time most people usually do 3 and would be 19 years old but also own a qualification above A levels to make up for it?

I'm not worried about art university application but rather if I decided to apply to another subject, specifically computer science. Would they only respect my A levels and so would I have to go for a very low offer in terms of ucas points? Would they not take it seriously given my diploma would be in art?

Any previous experiences?
Original post by Joannu
Say I completed 2 A levels to A or B grade standard (maths and computer science) in 2 years and followed it by a Level 4 Foundation Diploma in art - what would universities think, given I only completed 2 A levels in the time most people usually do 3 and would be 19 years old but also own a qualification above A levels to make up for it?

I'm not worried about art university application but rather if I decided to apply to another subject, specifically computer science. Would they only respect my A levels and so would I have to go for a very low offer in terms of ucas points? Would they not take it seriously given my diploma would be in art?

Any previous experiences?

You would need to contact the uni direct as to what credit they would give to your foundation diploma if any. It would be smart to do that before you applied and preferably before you started the diploma.

You have an advantage in that Maths is the one they really want and then computer science isnt bad either. They can be more lenient with the third.

Unis all have differing entry criteria so you are going to have to look it up. The higher you want to go then the less flexible id expect them to be.

Depending on the diploma then it may not count as any UCAS points which then has you applying with 2 A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest