Turn on thread page Beta

student moan! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    anyone else working their arse off this summer to fund uni next year?? just thought we could all channel our anger into this thread..........maybe it'll create a black hole or something? i hate work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamg)
    anyone else working their arse off this summer to fund uni next year?? just thought we could all channel our anger into this thread..........maybe it'll create a black hole or something? i hate work

Bloody students!

ReputationRep:
    bloody non-students!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamg)
    bloody non-students!
    ****! Where? Hide!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    ****! Where? Hide!

What is wrong with you lately? Stop bloody swearing woman!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

What is wrong with you lately? Stop bloody swearing woman!
    Sorry mum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Sorry mum!
    You mean Sarky is my grandmother!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    You mean Sarky is my grandmother!

I'm not sure i'm too happy about this. When did Fluffy have a baby? She has no time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamg)
    Yay I quit my job at Oasis, and I've calculated that for my first year I won't have to work at all...unless of course I overspend (which probably will happen seeing I'm a addicted to shopping)...

ReputationRep:
    just had the worlds worst day at work grrrrrrrrr... i work in clarks so i've had the bussiest day of teh year with ltos of brats wanting school shoes. It amazes me thsat so so many people leave it until the day before school starts. The world really is full of cretins ;0)

(Original post by emom100)
    just had the worlds worst day at work grrrrrrrrr... i work in clarks so i've had the bussiest day of teh year with ltos of brats wanting school shoes. It amazes me thsat so so many people leave it until the day before school starts. The world really is full of cretins ;0)
    Not quite as annoying as the "I go on holiday tommorow so my sunglasses better be ready....or else!!!" comment that I am so used to. :rolleyes: Am I the only one that is working hard to fund something other than uni (i.e. clothes shopping )!!!

ReputationRep:
    My parents used to do that! It wasn't my fault!...And by then I never used to get the shoes of my choice...I wonder if those pretty 'magical step' shoes are still about...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    My parents used to do that! It wasn't my fault!...And by then I never used to get the shoes of my choice...I wonder if those pretty 'magical step' shoes are still about...
    were they the shoes with the key, and when you twisted the key pretty pictures would appear? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    RRARGH pants summer job spent whole summer lifting really heavy boxes around my old school and scrubbing toilet floors!!!
    <rant over>
    yaaay money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    were they the shoes with the key, and when you twisted the key pretty pictures would appear? :confused:
    Oooo! I used to have some of those!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .NK)
    Oooo! I used to have some of those!
    I remember owing a pair when I was in year two, but then afterwards never being able to get them. I blame my parents. They would leave the school shopping till really late, by then those lovely shoes in my size would be gone! I was pretty infamous in Clarks with my tantrums...

ReputationRep:
    Lol I work next to the childrens shoe department at John Lewis...I seriously want to murder some of the kids some days! At least I don't actually work on childrenswear is all I can say!

ReputationRep:
    Try working in a supermarket! Customers complain all the time! Like the other day, this man came up to the till with some reduced eggs and complained that one of them was broken. It's like, yes, that's why they're reduced!!

ReputationRep:
    Just do what I'm going to do - invest in a really good cardboard box

ReputationRep:
    ha, nice to see a few of us in the same rat infested boat. they just blocked the net at work so its even worse! oh well, not long now. i guess we should all try and smile........ :mad: ........ ............... :confused: ............... ahh made it

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.