The Student Room Group

Peugeot 206 cc insurance female 17 year old

Hi, I'm trying to save up to get a Peugeot 206 next year when I'm 17, but I can't get any of the sites online to give me a quote for what it would be for insurance, anyone about what it would be for a 17 year old female to insure a Peugeot 206 cc or any advice? Xxx
About £2200 - £2400 per year x
then you can find the best price on this website ( https://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/ )
Moved to motoring. :smile:
Original post by Mollyviolin123
Hi, I'm trying to save up to get a Peugeot 206 next year when I'm 17, but I can't get any of the sites online to give me a quote for what it would be for insurance, anyone about what it would be for a 17 year old female to insure a Peugeot 206 cc or any advice? Xxx

These come in either a 1.6L or a 2.0L. Which one is it? Either is going to be very expensive, but one is entirely unaffordable (the 2.0L). It's also expensive to run, and if the roof goes, you're screwed. These haven't been in production since about 2006, so they're also quite old cars.

If you can't get an online quote, that's usually a good indication that insurers aren't willing to quote for that risk - i.e. it's going to cost a fortune. Maybe not the best first car for a 17-year-old.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Reality Check
These come in either a 1.6L or a 2.0L. Which one is it? Either is going to be very expensive, but one is entirely unaffordable (the 2.0L). It's also expensive to run, and if the roof goes, you're screwed. These haven't been in production since about 2006, so they're also quite old cars.

If you can't get an online quote, that's usually a good indication that insurers aren't willing to quote for that risk - i.e. it's going to cost a fortune. Maybe not the best first car for a 17-year-old.

I think the reason why I xant get a quote is because of my age and everything, would you think a 2003 would be cheaper to insure?
I think the reason why I xant get a quote is because of my age and everything, would you think a 2003 would be cheaper to insure?

2003?
Original post by Xx_Amer_xX
About £2200 - £2400 per year x

Thank you that's fab x
Thank you that's fab x

You might want to treat that figure with a little bit of caution - given you've not even provided the engine size or anything for sometime to base their figures on - it's not really an accurate guesstimate, even. Up to you, though. :smile:
Thank you that's fab x

Do bare in mind OP, that your quote could be totally different!! This is because insurance is based on factors, these include, but are not limited to: Crime rates in your area, where you park the car overnight, what the odds are of you ending up in a crash, .etc.

Therefore other peoples quotes will not help you. Find out for yourself by using comparison sites!
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Do bare in mind OP, that your quote could be totally different!! This is because insurance is based on factors, these include, but are not limited to: Crime rates in your area, where you park the car overnight, what the odds are of you ending up in a crash, .etc.

Therefore other peoples quotes will not help you. Find out for yourself by using comparison sites!

Well I live in the country side with a low crime rate, and the car would be parked on a driveway set quiet a long way back from from the main road as we live on a farm, so I'm guessing that would bring insurance down?
You might want to treat that figure with a little bit of caution - given you've not even provided the engine size or anything for sometime to base their figures on - it's not really an accurate guesstimate, even. Up to you, though. :smile:

I know I haven't given any engine size or anything, that's because I wanted to ask and around on here first I see if anyone had any idea what car would be best of the 206 cc's before I actually buy the car x
I know I haven't given any engine size or anything, that's because I wanted to ask and around on here first I see if anyone had any idea what car would be best of the 206 cc's before I actually buy the car x

The smallest engine size you can find. Anything over 1.6 is almost uninsurable for a 17 year old.

There is a sweet spot for car age and insurance price, normally around 6-8 years old iirc. Older cars are less safe with fewer safety features, newer cars are obviously more expensive if you crash
Reply 13

Original post by RoyalSheepy

You two are absolutely fabulous, much love.

Original post by dickwhittington
The smallest engine size you can find. Anything over 1.6 is almost uninsurable for a 17 year old.

There is a sweet spot for car age and insurance price, normally around 6-8 years old iirc. Older cars are less safe with fewer safety features, newer cars are obviously more expensive if you crash

This is pretty accurate advice, good job!

Well I live in the country side with a low crime rate, and the car would be parked on a driveway set quiet a long way back from from the main road as we live on a farm, so I'm guessing that would bring insurance down?

You'd think that, wouldn't you? Unfortunately, insurance underwriting has little logic applied to it anymore. Have you checked this thread out? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4825738

The problem here is probably your choice of car - I STRONGLY suggest you rethink it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending