The Student Room Group

A levels into Law

Hello you wonderful people whose opinions I must now feed off of because I've been thinking about this for months and can't come to a conclusion.

I came from South Africa(born in UK) and did 4 basic GCSE's (English, maths, science, media studies) in a year when I came back last year. I start A levels in September.

I have 5 subjects that I'd love to take but my college says I can only take 3.
- English Literature/Combined
- French
- Law
- History
- Biology

Apart from law (which doesn't exist as a subject anywhere in the country), I took all of these subjects and enjoyed them. The best by far was French and English, but I absolutely loved History and Biology was the only hard science I did well at.

I value your opinions and please ask questions if you need more information
Thank you
Those are all very good subjects, for law. Take what you enjoy and is most interesting. If it were me I would choose History,French and Biology
Original post by SuperHuman98
Those are all very good subjects, for law. Take what you enjoy and is most interesting. If it were me I would choose History,French and Biology

Thank you for your reply!

Is it true that A level Law is never required, and even discouraged from being taken by students who want to get into undergraduate Law? I've heard this so many times, but they also say it provides good insight into what a undergraduate law will be like.
Original post by Taku Talk
Thank you for your reply!

Is it true that A level Law is never required, and even discouraged from being taken by students who want to get into undergraduate Law? I've heard this so many times, but they also say it provides good insight into what a undergraduate law will be like.

Yes thats true but kind of exaggerated, it just a few unis who discourage it :smile:. In my opinion reading books about law, and visiting court and even work experience will give you a better insight into studying Law.

Quick Reply

Latest