Your degree choice at the start of year 12 vs the end of year12/start of year 13.

Watch
Poll: Was your aspiration at the start of year 12 the same at the end?
Yes (22)
40.74%
No (32)
59.26%
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Did you change it or stick through with it?
LunaPotter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I changed from Politics to Law!
Ara8311a
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I finally chose English Lit after deliberating for months between Maths and English Lit
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Genetics to German and French (Called up unis in March to change) and absolutely no regrets so far whatsoever
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Changed from biochemistry to nursing, missed my nursing offer, did two years of health and social care to get onto mh nursing. Tried that for six months and realised it wasn't for me at all, now i'm 22 and work in a pharmacy
Pidge Gunderson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Changed from Biology to Physics.
princessmaire80
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From occupational therapy to law, missed all my offers for Law, wound up doing some combined honours degree that I hated because it was the only degree I could get onto. I did health and social care as part of it which later got me onto a DipHE in nursing. I've just got my degree in English at the age of 36 which is totally different from anything else I've done!
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I started my A levels thinking I was going to do a part-time BSc Sainsbury's course (i.e. get a job)... ended up doing a degree in psychology, lul.
storm95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From economics to computing lol
JessThomas6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Beginning of Yr 12 - Law at Warwick
Half way through Yr 12 - PhotographyEnd of Yr 12 - Law again, not at WarwickBeginning of Yr 13 - EducationEnd of Yr 13 (before exams) - Education & PsychologyEnd of Exams (And sort of now) - Psych aloneNow (2 days before results, go me) - Psych with either history or criminology - depending on my grades
baznoy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wanted to do maths at start of y12. Realised I wasn't good enough for Oxbridge/Russel group unis pretty quickly, so changed to natsci by the end of y12, but in between also considering single honours chem & physics.
Changing Skies
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh god don't get me started

-Planned to apply for Veterinary Medicine
-Then History
-Then Zoology
-Applied for Biological Anthropology in the end, got all offers
-Changed to Biological Sciences and History once I had my offers
-Started uni on this course, swapped to Biological Sciences and Ancient History after 2 weeks
-First semester of second year, transferred to straight Biological Sciences

Graduated with this degree :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plagioclase
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It changed from Civil Engineering to Computer Science to Earth Sciences. I don't think I even knew my degree subject existed when I started the sixth form!
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It has always been Computer Science.
black1blade
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Changed from maths to natsci or maths+ physics joint.
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Originally wanted to apply for Chinese with French, ended up applying for and graduating in Chinese with Japanese
black1blade
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by baznoy)
Wanted to do maths at start of y12. Realised I wasn't good enough for Oxbridge/Russel group unis pretty quickly, so changed to natsci by the end of y12, but in between also considering single honours chem & physics.
Is that a case of not thinking you can get A* in maths and fm or not being good enough for step, mat ect. Yeah I do feel similarly to a degree. Perhaps I could do well enough in step if I put massive amounts of work in but I don't feel I am a super savant at maths and I feel that would almost be forcing myself to do accel at maths when really I feel like I am a very strong jack of all trades when it comes to physical sciences. Over the holidays I've been doing a jumble of physics, maths and chemistry problem solving (issac physics, olympiads, odd aea and step q ect). That said I still really love maths and for natsci at cambridge I would still be studying dedicated maths for 2 years. I might change my mind from maths and physics to physics and chemistry for second choices but atm I feel the branch of science I would most likely want to go into is something highly mathematically focused like theoretical physics which requires maths more so than chemistry. Then again chemistry and physics joint would be perfect for nanoscience which is pretty interesting too. I would do natsci at other unis but their courses don't allow you to study nearly enough in the first year to be able to transfer into more than 2, maybe even only 1 choice of single honors. A consequence of having single honors degrees no doubt.
baznoy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Step is the barrier for me. I knew I wanted to apply to Cambridge for either of the 2, but I can't do step. I was decent at mat, but my gcses weren't good enough for Oxford unfortunately. Plus I enjoy chemistry and physics more than further maths, which I imagine is what degree level maths is like.
username1292215
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Changing Skies)
Oh god don't get me started

-Planned to apply for Veterinary Medicine
-Then History
-Then Zoology
-Applied for Biological Anthropology in the end, got all offers
-Changed to Biological Sciences and History once I had my offers
-Started uni on this course, swapped to Biological Sciences and Ancient History after 2 weeks
-First semester of second year, transferred to straight Biological Sciences

Graduated with this degree :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For me I started off wanting to do Medicine..
Then I didn't like medicine
So then I considered Chemistry,chem eng, compsci, biochem
then I was like no I want law
Then realized I don't like law
changed subjects and now I am aspiring for History :cool:
xBasedChris
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Changed from English Literature to Politics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.6%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (798)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed