The Student Room Group

Your degree choice at the start of year 12 vs the end of year12/start of year 13.

Scroll to see replies

Start of Y12: Medicine
Computer Science
Biochemistry
Natural Sciences
Medicine
Maths
Medicine
Maths
End of Y12: Medicine

:lol:
I started year 12 wanting to do history, then changed my mind to law about halfway through after being told I'd have zero job opportunities in history (advice which I initially took on board). I'm going into year 13 next year (hopefully! depending on my AS results) and I'm completely focused on history now, it's the only subject I'm applying for at all unis.
at the start of year 12 i had no idea what i wanted to do, i decided on psychology at the start of year 13 and applied for it but then changed my mind to genetics, it was helpful that the uni i applied to for psychology had my favourite genetics course of the few that are out there!
Started off wanting to do a Physics degree, and finished year 12 wanting to do Physics and Philosophy :lol:
stuck with law
Reply 25
Changed from Architecture to CompSci.
Start of Y12: Law
End of Y12: History
End of Y13: Medical Engineering
1 gap year and a lot of internal wracking later: Astrophysics

If you're in Year 11 or 12, please don't be like me.
Original post by baznoy
Step is the barrier for me. I knew I wanted to apply to Cambridge for either of the 2, but I can't do step. I was decent at mat, but my gcses weren't good enough for Oxford unfortunately. Plus I enjoy chemistry and physics more than further maths, which I imagine is what degree level maths is like.

No doubt you will encounter a lot of further maths topics in physics but I imagine you are more likely to continue doing a lot of calculus you've learned in a science context, rather than continually learning new maths and theorems.
Original post by MedicaAutomata
Start of Y12: Law
End of Y12: History
End of Y13: Medical Engineering
1 gap year and a lot of internal wracking later: Astrophysics

If you're in Year 11 or 12, please don't be like me.

Good choice!
Original post by black1blade
Good choice!

Haha, thank you! You doing it too? :smile:
Year 11: International Relations, with Japanese if possible
Year 13 (including after I got my results): International Relations, with Japanese if possible

My degree choice has not changed :yay:
medicine - business and Japanese 😂😂😂
Yeah sort of :yep:

Start of Y12 = I didnt really know but I kinda just told people that I wanted to do a French degree :yep:
End of Y13 = Hoping to study French, Beginners Spanish and Translation :biggrin:
I'm 20 and did an access course.
Started with MH nursing, then youth work, then applied to uni to do psychology and now I'm going to go through adjustment to see if I can get a place on a Philosophy, Religion and Ethics course. 😂
Year 12: :dontknow:

Final year: Animation :biggrin:
Start of Year 12: German and something
End of Year 13: Politics & IR
Now: Have a 2:1 in BA (Hons) Politics & IR and I am target for a Merit in my (BJTC Accredited) MA in Journalism :cool: :smile: :woo:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Year 12: :dontknow:

Final year: Animation :biggrin:

Animation is cool! :yep:
(edited 6 years ago)
Wanted to do Early Childhood Studies then changed to do Primary Education but then went back to Early Childhood Studies so that's what I'll be starting this September
Medicine to Human Sciences to who knows

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperHuman98
Did you change it or stick through with it?

It was going to be Biology/a Biological science to ease myself into possible GEM but I decided to go for CompSci instead as the career options if GEM failed seemed a bit bleak and weren't in industries was interested in. Also, CompSci was my main choice in Year 9.
I've changed so many times, from Optometry to Psychology to Business & Management. Now I'm completely settled on Management and Psychology as a combined honours. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest